+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you'll find BFP was being sarcastic.
    Oops! Sorry BFP. Didn't really mean to say that, fake news!

The last bit wasn't aimed at him though, just an observation that Brexiters appear to throw out the 'Project fear' at anything negative which is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Oops! Sorry BFP. Didn't really mean to say that, fake news!

The last bit wasn't aimed at him though, just an observation that Brexiters appear to throw out the 'Project fear' at anything negative which is mentioned.
    No worries. As well as misquoting their opponents, Brexiteers will never make confident predictions about anything. They’ll just say “we don’t know what will happen” as if that’s a good reason to do anything.

The idea of “Project Fear” was never more than a really good campaigning strategy to argue against reality.

at least this Brexit thingy sounds like it might be good news for my cholesterol ............!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    at least this Brexit thingy sounds like it might be good news for my cholesterol ............!!
    A hat trick, three, brainless, flippant replies in a few minutes, well done Sir, you should be very proud......
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 18-07-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    A hat trick, three, brainless, flippant replies in a few minutes, well done Sir, you should be very proud......
    I am indeed Sir AP , although I would disagree with the Brainless content of your response.
    May I say you sound like an awfully Intelligent and Humorous individual , I bet you go down a storm at cheese , wine and dinner parties.

Some of you seem to have a problem understanding how lower prices might mean increased profits.

I can give you many examples .....but here are a few

20 years ago nobody bought solar panels, the technology was there but it was too expensive....so nobody really bothered buying them and the manufacturers never made a profit....now the price is one-twentieth of what it was, to the point that nuclear and coal power stations are obsolete, cost wise....now there are thousands of solar panel manufacturers all making a healthy profit.

I can extend my argument to many other products where the price is cost-prohibitive and nobody is making a profit....look at Notts as an example....AH comes in and does a load of deals, people get the bug, turnover rises....AH MAKES MORE OF A PROFIT from lower prices....simples....Bradford did this 10 years ago and never looked back

Personally I cannot afford milk more than once a week...it's too damn expensive, which is why I drink beer spiked with tequila....a lot cheaper with twice the buzz.....obviously if the price goes down on milk I might drink more....or use the savings to buy another beer!!......undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Some of you seem to have a problem understanding how lower prices might mean increased profits.

I can give you many examples .....but here are a few

20 years ago nobody bought solar panels, the technology was there but it was too expensive....so nobody really bothered buying them and the manufacturers never made a profit....now the price is one-twentieth of what it was, to the point that nuclear and coal power stations are obsolete, cost wise....now there are thousands of solar panel manufacturers all making a healthy profit.

I can extend my argument to many other products where the price is cost-prohibitive and nobody is making a profit....look at Notts as an example....AH comes in and does a load of deals, people get the bug, turnover rises....AH MAKES MORE OF A PROFIT from lower prices....simples....Bradford did this 10 years ago and never looked back

Personally I cannot afford milk more than once a week...it's too damn expensive, which is why I drink beer spiked with tequila....a lot cheaper with twice the buzz.....obviously if the price goes down on milk I might drink more....or use the savings to buy another beer!!......undecided.
    Wetherspoons is a prime example of that.

Solar panels are a new technology in a field which is expanding rapidly thanks to growing awareness of environmental issues.

Wetherspoons buys alcoholic drinks at a reduced price just before their expiry date and sells them cheaply.

I have a problem seeing how either of those can be applied to dairy farming.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Solar panels are a new technology in a field which is expanding rapidly thanks to growing awareness of environmental issues.

Wetherspoons buys alcoholic drinks at a reduced price just before their expiry date and sells them cheaply.

Try getting tw**ed on tequila,Driller then it will become obvious !

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

It was in response to selling things at a lower price and still making a good profit.

Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast