+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Do Mexicans get a vote in UK elections?
    I just need to dust off the old British passport, Snobbers 1....it's here somewhere, hidden under a stack of old tequila bottles....hic

I think it's fair to assume that a second referendum (possibly on the final terms) is a case of when rather than if.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think it's fair to assume that a second referendum (possibly on the final terms) is a case of when rather than if.
    And what happens when pro EU MP's, block it's progress again? It's not the people holding this up don't forget.

And what exactly would the question be?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    I think it's fairly clear, that any meaningful EU exit, won't happen, by hook or more likely crook, the vote will be shamelessly cast aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I think it's fairly clear, that any meaningful EU exit, won't happen, by hook or more likely crook, the vote will be shamelessly cast aside.
    Well, if May's deal gets watered down a bit more via negotiation with the EU and the question is : "This deal or no deal and walk away" then it would effectively be the Brexit vote all over again.

Not that I think there SHOULD be another Ref, but neither will I be surprised if there's one. IMO, Leave would still take it, possibly by a bit more. In general, probably few would change their mind if this message board is anything to go by.

Let's see - would anyone reading this vote another way in a 2nd Ref?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    A 3 way question according to Justine Greening:

"She states there are three options: the PM's deal, staying in the EU or a clean break from Europe with no deal.

Ms Greening, who resigned after the cabinet reshuffle in January, said the referendum should offer a first and second preference vote so that a consensus can be reached."

Yes, that shows why Greening is a serial failure and consistently useless. That is just about the daftest, half baked proposal yet! No surprise there then, Justine Greening is a complete and utter waste of space and.

Brilliant! Whining remoaner suggests another referendum (insanity in itself) with 1 option for remaining in the club we voted to leave but 2 for the majority who want out to mean exactly that, "out". Does she still not get it? The options at this stage are, "May's deal, another deal, or no deal" - not one to "stay in" but 2 to split the majority opinion! Do people really take the sort of nonsense that loons like Sourpuss, Clarke and Greening spout seriously?

Yeah it’s looking more and more that way. Brexit is a poisoned chalice which the politicians will no doubt pass back to the people to decide upon. Article 50 being triggered so early has made a difficult job impossible. That will almost certainly need an extension.

I’m not sure about Greening’s idea. The choice should be whatever deal they may negotiate or staying in.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A 3 way question according to Justine Greening:

"She states there are three options: the PM's deal, staying in the EU or a clean break from Europe with no deal.

Ms Greening, who resigned after the cabinet reshuffle in January, said the referendum should offer a first and second preference vote so that a consensus can be reached."
    Any deal, that does not close the door to unlimited EU migration, is a betrayal of the vote.

Even with reduced EU immigrationj this year, the net immigration figure to0 the UK is 280,000, absolutely, unsustainable unless you want you grandchildren, growing up never seeing trees or grass?

Non EU migration is actually better for the country as there are requirements to enter, a language test, educational standard requirements and of course they may well fall in to a category of immigrant (skilled) that we actually need.

I am not anti immigration, I am anti open door, let those in that we really need, doctors, nurses, IT, skilled engineers etc, we don't need any more fruit pickers.

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast