+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ....but in the UK, all those "safety nets" are in place for the needy....but places like St Anns and the Meadows are still hot-beds of crime?....in fact various news media were reporting London now as the "knife-crime capital of the World" and I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that all of the knife-wielding thugs are getting enough to eat

No, there is something else wrong with the UK, but I cannot put my finger on the cause....I agree with you that in countries like Mexico, corruption is a huge problem....but that is people that actually ARE WORKING but in a position of power...ie a policeman earning £1.50 an hour decides to take a £10 bribe to ignore a traffic violation or a government official accepting £500 to "speed up" a planning application....here, it is seen as part of the cost of doing business
    I don't think crime in Nottingham, even in the worst areas, is comparable with crime in Mexico.

Driller quoted "The second point is that presumably Mexicans are quite happy to have a mega factory opening there, in fact if they had a few more they might not migrate to the US in such large numbers. How can you complain about Mexicans migrating to the US and complain when they are given employment opportunities at home?"

Yes Mexicans are delighted to have BMW opening down the road, and yes it might stop a few thousand trying to climb Trump's non-existent fence but the last bit of your sentence is quite weird.

When have I ever complained about Mexicans making a "run for the border"? (actually a fair proportion of them are from countries to the South of Mexico, but who get free passage northwards).......and when and where have I ever complained about a BMW factory opening up.....admit it Driller, you just made that bit up!
    I thought you were against globalisation and immigration, I didn't make it up it's what I surmised from your posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    The figure below shows that if you do let “hard working people from other countries” move around a continent, then you do create unequal societies, at least in terms of GDP Per Capita growth which has a close correlation with the trend in living standards over time.

You’ll also see that those countries that have had the fastest rate of growth of population (examples UK, France Sweden) have had lower rates of GDP Per Capita growth than the countries whose populations have grown slower (eg. Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria).
    You might say well that’s great because the GDP Per Capita is growing fastest in those “poorer” countries but you need to bear in mind they are starting from a much lower base:

Actual GDP Per Capita in France, Sweden and UK is around $48,000, opposed to an average of $29,000 in Latvia, Lithuania & Bulgaria.

It’s a matter of opinion I suppose whether you see movement of workers having this effect as a "good thing". To be in favour of it you have to accept that workers’ wages in the receiving countries will stagnate (along with their living standard), societies in the countries of origin will be stripped of workers (and continuity) and that therefore Gross GDP in the countries of origin will also stagnate.

Surely this creates the “unequal societies” you say you don’t desire?

It used to be that “the Left” celebrated Unions associated with nationalised industries and demonised anyone who crossed picket lines to undermine wages. But now it seems that “the Left” support the mass immigration of workers into a country who undermine wages and any indigenous people who oppose this are called racists. Many working people who voted Brexit have probably just seen the manifestation of this in their daily lives and decided they just don’t want it any more.

Attachment 10349
    Surely GDP per capita growth doesn't show how money is distributed within a society and therefore how equal a society is?

Back on the subject of the long drawn-out Breeeeeeeexxxxxxxxiiiiiiittttttt.............I'm liking the style of the new boy, Raab, already...."Give us a trade deal or you possibly ain't getting the £39 squillion we promised you"

Nice one, quote from the beeb "He also suggested the UK could refuse to pay its so-called divorce bill, a payment from the UK to the EU estimated to be about £39bn, if it does not get a trade deal"....now let's play poker huh?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44913982

Back on the subject of the long drawn-out Breeeeeeeexxxxxxxxiiiiiiittttttt.............I'm liking the style of the new boy, Raab, already...."Give us a trade deal or you possibly ain't getting the £39 squillion we promised you"

Nice one, quote from the beeb "He also suggested the UK could refuse to pay its so-called divorce bill, a payment from the UK to the EU estimated to be about £39bn, if it does not get a trade deal"....now let's play poker huh?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44913982
    This is the tack that they should have taken all along, you don't need to be an expert negotiator to see this.

Without the £39 billion, there's a huge hole in the EU budget which the Germans and the French will have to fill, just watch the in fighting when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    This is the tack that they should have taken all along, you don't need to be an expert negotiator to see this.

Without the £39 billion, there's a huge hole in the EU budget which the Germans and the French will have to fill, just watch the in fighting when that happens.
    TOO BLOODY TRUE ......... That's why Barnier brought the 'Divorce Settlement' to the forefront before any talks could begin and we we went along with it. ***kum I say - and so do millions of proper Englishmen.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    TOO BLOODY TRUE ......... That's why Barnier brought the 'Divorce Settlement' to the forefront before any talks could begin and we we went along with it. ***kum I say - and so do millions of proper Englishmen.
    It's not written in stone yet though thank goodness, as Barnier likes to keep reiterating 'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed'.

In your opinion, on what basis do you contradict my own and others, actual experience?

The experience of others with particular groups, would I think, be more extensive than yours. Have you ever worked on a factory floor with African women? People opining here have, so their experience has more value than your 'opinion' which is probably based on zero experience of working with any particular ethnic groups in given situations.

If I worked with e.g 10 African women and I found that just two, were actually worth employing, what words would you use to describe this scenario?

Liberals, typically middle class, tend to spout a lot of baseless opinions whilst 'generalisations' are usually made by people speaking from actual experience.
    Love this post. Not surprised Sid hasn't responded ,because he can't .
    Last edited by navypie; 22-07-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Yes trying the same tactic which failed months ago is guaranteed to be a winner. Particularly as the UK is now in a weaker position than what it was then.

I often wonder why this government can continue to get away with being so utterly useless in every department. I then read some of the patent horsesh!t from people who don’t know their arse from their elbow and I remember why.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Love this post. Not surprised Sid hasn't responded ,because he can't .
    Haven't answered because I think the man's a fool and I told him I would be polite. In my teaching career I once worked out that I taught over 20,000 kids in 5 different areas of the UK. I learned never to generalise because:
    1. It doesn't help in anyway except to confirm inbuilt prejudices
    2. There is always an exception to the rule.
    I'm kind of sick of all the liberal-bashing that's currently in vogue. As depressing as Brexit. I'm bored with it all.

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast