+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No, Bohinen, he's a moron because he has no awareness of the art of diplomacy and never considers the feelings of others. He's a moron because he has no scholarship and openly admits that 'The Art of the Deal' is the only book he's read. He's a moron because he thinks climate change is a fallacy. He's a moron because he doesn't speak the English language, he trips over it and thinks 'bigly' is an actual word. He is without doubt the least intelligent President ever. Even John Kennedy in his grave is still smarter than Trump. All Trump has is an eye for business and native cunning.
    Stick to your own ideology Sid, you're entitled to it - but don't criticise a real business man because you've no idea how real business works. If you have, please reply - if not, carry on writing your hoped for 'Best Seller' which at the end of the day is to earn you loads of dosh and taxes to help provide more services and jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Stick to your own ideology Sid, you're entitled to it - but don't criticise a real business man because you've no idea how real business works. If you have, please reply - if not, carry on writing your hoped for 'Best Seller' which at the end of the day is to earn you loads of dosh and taxes to help provide more services and jobs.
    Please prove to me that he is a great businessman rather than someone who inherited money and assets which ensured he would make more money and assets. All I said was that he had an eye for business, but there again he has one for the ladies too.

[ but there again he has one for the ladies too.[/QUOTE]

Everyone from JFK to Bill Clinton, it would appear to go with the job

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    [ but there again he has one for the ladies too.
    Everyone from JFK to Bill Clinton, it would appear to go with the job[/QUOTE]

Never hear Sid slag a democrat? I wonder why?

He's a moron because he doesn't speak the English language, he trips over it and thinks 'bigly' is an actual word.
    From Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) – A Dictionary of the English Language, 1755:
    Name:  BIGLY NCM.pdf.png
Views: 195
Size:  13.7 KB

Other famous English authors who used the word “bigly”:

“At the court of King Arthur there came a young man and bigly made…”
    Sir Thomas Malory (1415-1471) in “Le Morte d’Arthur”.

“… concluded the small woman bigly.”
    Thomas Hardy (1840-1928) in “Far From the Madding Crowd”:

I think I’ll take it from Johnson, Malory and Hardy rather than “Sidders” on NCM as to whether “bigly” is a word.

Didn’t you teach English Sid?

When did I say Obama was my hero? ... he's no moron.
    How many states do you have to think there are in the USA to qualify as a moron? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Everyone from JFK to Bill Clinton, it would appear to go with the job
    Never hear Sid slag a democrat? I wonder why?

[/QUOTE]

You must have been on your sick bed when I gave my caustic opinion on Hillary Clinton, Tricky. She and he have a lot to answer for.

This Presidency thing is far too easy.

Simply change your mind, contradict yourself and then say 'Fake news'. Can't believe so many fall for it.

This holding onto her arm speaks volumes for what he really thinks of her (and most others). He wouldn't have done it to a male PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    From Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) – A Dictionary of the English Language, 1755:
    Name:  BIGLY NCM.pdf.png
Views: 195
Size:  13.7 KB

Other famous English authors who used the word “bigly”:

“At the court of King Arthur there came a young man and bigly made…”
    Sir Thomas Malory (1415-1471) in “Le Morte d’Arthur”.

“… concluded the small woman bigly.”
    Thomas Hardy (1840-1928) in “Far From the Madding Crowd”:

I think I’ll take it from Johnson, Malory and Hardy rather than “Sidders” on NCM as to whether “bigly” is a word.

Didn’t you teach English Sid?

Your research is more extensive, and better than mine, but "It's a word," says Fiona McPherson, a senior editor with the Oxford English Dictionary. Guess that's it then

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Your research is more extensive, and better than mine, but "It's a word," says Fiona McPherson, a senior editor with the Oxford English Dictionary. Guess that's it then
    I would suggest that it's a 'happy accident' and that Trump actually had no idea that it was a real word when he said it.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast