+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    So in answer to Alty's superbly-written, IMO, 500-word argument....Elite gobs out his usual 25-word "response", taking all of 15 seconds....
    Sometimes tarquin, less is more - as you've just proved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sometimes . . . ., less is more.
    Been trying to kid the wifey with that line for 30 years now!

Sometimes tarquin, less is more - as you've just proved.
    Sometimes Snobbers, even less..

This is fun.....pretty soon I'll have 20,000 posts....of course, the total number of words won't add up to a Sidney Short Story for Seven-year-olds, but on my deathbed I'll be able to look back and say "I was quite important once"......on second thoughts, I'd rather argue with Driller, at least he can string a whole paragraph together

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sometimes Snobbers, even less..

This is fun.....pretty soon I'll have 20,000 posts....of course, the total number of words won't add up to a Sidney Short Story for Seven-year-olds, but on my deathbed I'll be able to look back and say "I was quite important once"......on second thoughts, I'd rather argue with Driller, at least he can string a whole paragraph together
    I didn't realise posts had to consist of 500+ words to be worthwhile. I thought the idea was that you just say what you want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Brexit is a key part of the neo-liberal strategy to sell off the NHS, dismantle what's left of the public sector, weaken even further worker's rights and remove regulations protecting the environment, hse, food standards etc.

To understand the thinking behind this read 'Britania Unchained' where tory mps like Dominic Raab. C Brexit, Priti Patel, Kwasi Kwarteng say the "The British are among the worst idlers in the world. We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor. Whereas Indian children aspire to be doctors or businessmen, the British are more interested in football and pop music."[1]

So to compete with the likes of India, we have to become more like India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_Unchained

Brexit is the completion of the thatcherite project to roll us back to pre-1945 economic and social relations.

To see why they hate the EU so much, check out "Where to Invade next?', where the education, working practices, health and social care is light years ahead of anything offered in the US.

There will be a 2nd referendum. I'll be voting for Remain and if anyone on here wants to give their children and grandchildren a better future than Raab, Patel, Kwarteng, Murdoch and Rees-Mogg plan for them, I suggest 'leave' voters on here seriously think about changing their vote.

You're being conned into the biggest mistake of your lives

You are being conned if you think there will be another referendum, but, if there was mine would be even more of an out vote.

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuoffi...1929550238612/

Juncker thought that the recent NATO summit was just another excuse for a piss up!

I didn't realise posts had to consist of 500+ words to be worthwhile. I thought the idea was that you just say what you want to say.
    I thought the forum was for discussion and debate?

ie "Jones is a ****e defender" is not really a discussion or debate......it is a combination of 21 keyboard strikes that merely expresses a random opinion....of course you can type that on here, but it doesn't really amount to anything apart from "keyboard warrior A dislikes the footballer B"....WHAT WAS THE POINT OF TELLING US THIS?....zero out of 10

Now, if you typed "Jones IMO is terrific at overlapping wingplay, and allows Grant to cut into the outside corner of the box, however, his defensive frailties are often exposed by oppo pacey wingers....and I fear, on balance, that Dicko is a better and more solid defender"......excellent effort 8 out of 10

IMO, Elitus.....you fall into the former, 0 out of 10 category, for your Political contributions ie "I want back in the EU to stop the Tories"....wtf?......did you read that on a toilet door somewhere and thought you could spout that political gem of insight and understanding on here one day?......it doesn't even make sense man!

ps....on the "argument" threads, I give you 6 out of 10 for sheer tenacity and bloody-mindedness and footy threads 8.5 out of 10 for full and frank info, insight and discussion...plus a fair degree of knowledge and presentation skills.

pps I see the Tooth Fairy was out and about last night removing a thread....I presume you were involved in it....again?

This Uni Professor describes what tories like Rees-Mogg, Raab and Patel are up to better than I can

For the party’s hyperglobalists, Brexit doesn’t just mean Brexit. It means a leaner, meaner Britain where the costs – financial and otherwise – of doing business are lowered in order to allow companies, and the country, to compete on the world stage.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-conservative

So competing with the developing world!

Brexit has ground to a halt. There's no chance of this parliament passing any version of it. There will be a second referendum, the 'peoples vote' on the final deal (or lack of one) is inevitable now.

So a chance for all to do the right thing by their children and stop Murdoch and the tories taking us back to the victorian era

[QUOTE=tarquinbeech;38947078]I thought the forum was for discussion and debate?

ie "Jones is a ****e defender" is not really a discussion or debate......it is a combination of 21 keyboard strikes that merely expresses a random opinion....

25 minimum ‘keyboard’ strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    This Uni Professor describes what tories like Rees-Mogg, Raab and Patel are up to better than I can

For the party’s hyperglobalists, Brexit doesn’t just mean Brexit. It means a leaner, meaner Britain where the costs – financial and otherwise – of doing business are lowered in order to allow companies, and the country, to compete on the world stage.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-conservative

So competing with the developing world!

Brexit has ground to a halt. There's no chance of this parliament passing any version of it. There will be a second referendum, the 'peoples vote' on the final deal (or lack of one) is inevitable now.

So a chance for all to do the right thing by their children and stop Murdoch and the tories taking us back to the victorian era
    Actually, Mandy was putting forward an excellent argument over the weekend that the new, newer, newest TM plan might actually appeal to 50 or 60 Labour MPs who are sitting in Brexit constiuencies....thereby negating the extreme Tory Brexiteers when it comes to a Commons vote....obviously this depends on how Corby instructs his whips to align his troops.

Does he use an anti-Brexit humiliation to oust the Tories.....or boost his chances of a win further down the road by allowing the Labour "rebels" to back a Squidgy Brexit now, securing their seats against a possible new UKIP comeback?

Interesting times.

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast