+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrong Uns

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    And I thought I was a miserable c*nt.

Nah.
    Oh I was joking, it's good practice anyway to find previous threads than starting afresh

Generally speaking I am a miserable c@nt but and the solstice sun must have made me a bit lary...

Whoever thought it was a good idea, and cash well-spent in these austere capitalist times to add grave accents above the vowels, spilt the word in two by making the ‘b’ upper case and adding a superfluous ‘r’ on the end of the name of the railway station I’ve just passed through. Just to make it look Gaelic. Fugh maidh saighdwàidhs.

“Dunbar” is OK really.

“Dùn Bàrr” is pretty ****ing pointless to be honest.

Wrong ‘un.

Complete waste of money changing signs / decorating police cars to accommodate approximately 34 really old people in the western isles who's first language wasn't English.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Complete waste of money changing signs / decorating police cars to accommodate approximately 34 really old people in the western isles who's first language wasn't English.
    Possibly, but they’re an enormous online force, all 34 of them, with mair multiple user account IDs than BrianGrantland or Gallus79, given the proliferation of sign-offs that look like an epidemic of Sore Elbows and Albert’s Gruesome Breaths.

Just left Cair Chaladain as Fife’s Gaelic stronghold Kirkcaldy likes to style itself. I assume this is due to the thousands of *********gers who left their crofts and black houses to further their hobby of weaving linoleum. Fairgh dubhs.

Was Gallic ever spoken on the east coast?

Apart from of course a fair contingent of wee free’ers misspending their youth in Aberdeen and playing for Theologians in the very early days.

I mean you Billy McLeod, Ma Camerons takings have never been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Possibly, but they’re an enormous online force, all 34 of them, with mair multiple user account IDs than BrianGrantland or Gallus79, given the proliferation of sign-offs that look like an epidemic of Sore Elbows and Albert’s Gruesome Breaths.

Just left Cair Chaladain as Fife’s Gaelic stronghold Kirkcaldy likes to style itself. I assume this is due to the thousands of *********gers who left their crofts and black houses to further their hobby of weaving linoleum. Fairgh dubhs.
    Good effort especially since BrianGrantland/O5car was quite vociferous about Gaelic and aberdeen. Despite him being from embrashire.

As far as I'm aware, there's more Gaelic speakers in Glasgow and thereabouts than there is in the islands these days. Mainly because the islands are full of English folk.

Nothing wrong with keeping the language going. The tourists pure love it. Maybe.

I dinna ken, but do recall some quite fantastic feats of alcohol capacity-testing from the Theos’ Hebridean contingent.

I’m sure the train announcer just said, “For passengers leaving the train at Dundee, how did the PJMs* get on in the losers’ division last season? Oh, and you might take a wash every now and again you clarty ****ers”. Proper Mannies’ sentiment, bless you Cross Country.

* as wrong as wrong ‘uns get. Jute ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Good effort especially since BrianGrantland/O5car was quite vociferous about Gaelic and aberdeen. Despite him being from embrashire.

As far as I'm aware, there's more Gaelic speakers in Glasgow and thereabouts than there is in the islands these days. Mainly because the islands are full of English folk.

Nothing wrong with keeping the language going. The tourists pure love it. Maybe.

Is the Park Bar still on the go?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Is the Park Bar still on the go?
    It is, but it is suffering from the general gentrification of that stretch of Argyle Street. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

In the unlikely event of you running out of things to complain about I'm sure a visit there would stoke the ire.

I haven't been since 1978, do you think it's changed?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast