+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrong Uns

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    No, but it'll be some career-ladder weet-ahin-the-lugs Party lobby-fodder nodding-dog nationalist like Stephen Flynn who'll replace him. Frying pan/fire etc.
    What happened to Labour? No anti-semitic types around?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    What happened to Labour? No anti-semitic types around?
    It seems that rather than the council to Holyrood to Westminster route, Aberdeen Labour councillors stick around in the locality rather than stand for national office. I think the last to make such a move was Lewis MacDonald.

As far as I can remember, the last few elections have seen very young candidates standing with the red rosette attached, but since I generally spoil my paper, I don't pay much attention to who they are.

I wouldn't know where to start with religion. I'd been a staffer at RGU for about 3 years before I realised that a couple of senior colleagues were of the Jewish faith, even if one of them had a Jewish surname, had I even thought of it. I have no interest in deity-botherers and their range of imaginary pals in the firmament.

No min, either do I

Difficult one with the Jews though, it's gotten to the point where any criticism at all is seen as anti semitic.
    The religious ones can be a problem given their insistence of marrying within their faith but on the other hand if you've never been on a Jewish night out you don't know what you're missing.

Having no time for any religion I'm happy to lump the religious ones in with all the other religious folk and ignore them.

On another subject, a good lad is Lewis.

I wouldn't know where to start with religion either, but then I'm not in a position where I'm asking people to vote for me.

It's health and safety gone maaaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I wouldn't know where to start with religion either, but then I'm not in a position where I'm asking people to vote for me.
    If politicians rely on religion to garner votes, they’d be better off standing for election to Derry City Council.

And if religion is now a criterion for electors in casting their vote, the gig is ****ed beyond repair.

I’m unsure where the Leader of the Opposition gets the time to till his allotment, weave his own vegan yoghurt, and make the occasional biling of jam, what with his weekly meetings with ISIS, his regular rendezvous with his Czech secret service paymasters, and his duties as kommandant of a latter-day Sachsenhausen on the handy main rail line from Golder’s Green.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    On another subject, a good lad is Lewis.
    Top boy. I studied at the same time as him, and we aye have time for a news when I bump into him at Pittodrie or on the May Day parade.

After the Burnley game last year, I had a beer with him, his brither Lindsay (a winner of Superscot when Jane Franchi presented it!) and Sandra in the Illicit Still.

What a ****ing farcical divisive state we’ve got into when honest, hard-working politicians like Lewis are dismissed as “Red Tories” by the 4 legs good-2 legs bad wallopers from behind their ****age keyboards.

If politicians rely on religion to garner votes, they’d be better off standing for election to Derry City Council.

And if religion is now a criterion for electors in casting their vote, the gig is ****ed beyond repair.

I’m unsure where the Leader of the Opposition gets the time to till his allotment, weave his own vegan yoghurt, and make the occasional biling of jam, what with his weekly meetings with ISIS, his regular rendezvous with his Czech secret service paymasters, and his duties as kommandant of a latter-day Sachsenhausen on the handy main rail line from Golder’s Green.
    As I said, he'd know better than me. He's apologised enough. ****e bag.

Top boy. I studied at the same time as him, and we aye have time for a news when I bump into him at Pittodrie or on the May Day parade.

After the Burnley game last year, I had a beer with him, his brither Lindsay (a winner of Superscot when Jane Franchi presented it!) and Sandra in the Illicit Still.

What a ****ing farcical divisive state we’ve got into when honest, hard-working politicians like Lewis are dismissed as “Red Tories” by the 4 legs good-2 legs bad wallopers from behind their ****age keyboards.

I ken Lindsay fine.
    My first wife was called Lindsey McDonald, used to cause great hilarity.

Lewis might be nae quite as left wing as he was during many epic political discusions in the Lumpie in days gone bye, but I would never class him as a Tory.

Jo Swinson, new leader of the Liberal Democrats. She’s in favour of having a statue of Thatcher commissioned.

Junior minister in the 2010-15 coalition, you see. Picked up the lurgy there, I suppose.

****ing wrong ‘un.

Jo Swinson, new leader of the Liberal Democrats. She’s in favour of having a statue of Thatcher commissioned.

Junior minister in the 2010-15 coalition, you see. Picked up the lurgy there, I suppose.

****ing wrong ‘un.
    Her speech after her victory was cringeworthy and didn’t do her any favours. Anyone that wants a statue of Thatcher is a wrong un.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast