+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Question Time

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Adonis is Labour isn't he?
    It's a clear indicator to me, as to why this is such a mess, the remainers want a 'no deal', they think it will lead to another referendum.

Remainers are all pulling with the same aim regardless of party allegiance, I wish they'd pull for the people and country instead of themselves.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 09-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    It's a clear indicator to me, as to why this is such a mess, the remainers want a 'no deal', they think it will lead to another referendum.

Remainers are all pulling with the same aim regardless of party allegiance, I wish they'd pull for the people and country instead of themselves.
    This is now going to blow up across all the political bands.
    The OUTers will not forgive May and any attempt at a new referendum or/deal.
    So what will they do?
    The would withdraw their Tory vote and Labour being a complete ass wipe of ideals, expect a new party rising. or a re-surge of UKIP.

No one party will get anything and the turmoil will go on.
    Fail to uphold democracy, you get revolution and anarchy.
    No deal on the table and infighting for years. Well done snow flakes.

The whole sorry episode is an embarrassment and an outright disgrace. Regardless of which way you voted in the referendum democracy is the loser, if ever a country was crying out for a new centrist party it is the UK.

I don't tend to post much on here about politics as I feel I'm not really well enough informed to carry a decent argument, however I'm so angry about May and her incompetent bunch of cockwombles and their ineptitude in fulfilling their duty to the electorate that I just had to do some angry typing!

I'm going to be very transparent, I have always voted Tory and I also voted Leave. I'm a business owner and most of my overseas trade is done outside of the EU so saw Brexit as an opportunity to form trade deals with these non EU countries that would benefit my business and ultimately those who rely on it.

Instead the whole process has been nothing short of catastrophic, this ship is sinking and we are running out of life jackets. I'm currently in total despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    In view of the current crisis , and as you obviously hold the current negotiating position in total contempt, perhaps you could offer your own suggestions regarding a resolution to the current impasse
    The Tories have taken two years to finally agree on an exit strategy, and it's collapsed in a heap inside two days. I suppose asking a poster on a footy messageboard to suggest a resolution is as good an idea as anything the government might come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The Tories have taken two years to finally agree on an exit strategy, and it's collapsed in a heap inside two days. I suppose asking a poster on a footy messageboard to suggest a resolution is as good an idea as anything the government might come up with.
    Ha ha Elite is right, what a complete mess. Even if you take into account they didn't plan on having to leave, the time they've taken to come to where we're at today is mind blowingly inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    This is now going to blow up across all the political bands.
    The OUTers will not forgive May and any attempt at a new referendum or/deal.
    So what will they do?
    The would withdraw their Tory vote and Labour being a complete ass wipe of ideals, expect a new party rising. or a re-surge of UKIP.

No one party will get anything and the turmoil will go on.
    Fail to uphold democracy, you get revolution and anarchy.
    No deal on the table and infighting for years. Well done snow flakes.
    Ah it's all the snowflakes' fault, thanks for clarifying that.

I'll ask my question again: there are loads of pro Brexit MPs in the Conservative party who keep going on about the Brexit dividends, the sunlit uplands and so on. May is now weaker than ever (and she's always been weak so that's saying something) so why doesn't one of them take control of the party and negotiate a hard Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think this may well spell the end of the Tory party if May is not ousted and open up the way for a Corbyn government. At least then, the death of the Country would be 'painful but swift' rather than the prolonged and tortuous 'strong and stable'.

"Let's take control of our own destiny"

That was the rallying cry of many a Brexiteer. It sounded really impressive, as if we were heading for a dazzling future. I did warn at the time that those "taking control" were a divided and incompetent Tory government. I didn't think they would be this divided and this incompetent however. MagpieTony is right, the Tories don't have a clue and Labour wouldn't be any better. It's hard to see this farce ending in anything but tears.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ah it's all the snowflakes' fault, thanks for clarifying that.

I'll ask my question again: there are loads of pro Brexit MPs in the Conservative party who keep going on about the Brexit dividends, the sunlit uplands and so on. May is now weaker than ever (and she's always been weak so that's saying something) so why doesn't one of them take control of the party and negotiate a hard Brexit?
    Because to do so meant turning the Tory party on its head by ousting their elected leader.
    The opportunity is now there though. Biggest mistake ever made, was to let a remainer set the strategy. They have undermined it at every turn, whilst the real snot boxes like Sourby and Clarke have been the mouth pieces.
    But **** the Tories. The leavers gave them a chance of a major party seeing this through.
    They've failed and watch the rebellion begin.
    Farage and others offered to help her. She slapped them down.

Well, my prediction still stands. Those voters will be looking for a another party to vote for now.
    No faith in Labour and the clowns in charge.
    Cables spineless goons? No chance.
    So they'll either push a surge back in UKIP or another party emerges.
    No one wins, it all gets dirty.

So yes I blame the snow flakes and their refusal to accept a democratic vote. Well the dissent works both ways.

*** Best good news in this. We'll finally be able to get rid of the jocks.

Every cloud and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Because to do so meant turning the Tory party on its head by ousting their elected leader.
    The opportunity is now there though. Biggest mistake ever made, was to let a remainer set the strategy. They have undermined it at every turn, whilst the real snot boxes like Sourby and Clarke have been the mouth pieces.
    But **** the Tories. The leavers gave them a chance of a major party seeing this through.
    They've failed and watch the rebellion begin.
    Farage and others offered to help her. She slapped them down.

Well, my prediction still stands. Those voters will be looking for a another party to vote for now.
    No faith in Labour and the clowns in charge.
    Cables spineless goons? No chance.
    So they'll either push a surge back in UKIP or another party emerges.
    No one wins, it all gets dirty.

So yes I blame the snow flakes and their refusal to accept a democratic vote. Well the dissent works both ways.

*** Best good news in this. We'll finally be able to get rid of the jocks.

Every cloud and all that.
    Well ok, let's wait and see which Brexiteer steps forward to be the national hero who will be fondly remembered for decades to come for leading us to a prosperous and glorious future.

My guess is none of them will because behind the rhetoric they know full well Brexit will be at best underwhelming, and at worst an economic catastrophe.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast