+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest tipped as title contenders....

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Every season is Es*** season he is the eternal optimist and why not most fans have hope at the start, bless him.
    True. But Es*** is in a league of his own. He sees us win a game and expects us to win the next 10 on the trot!
    I would fancy our chances if Stoke, WBA, Swansea, Villa and Boro all start with a 30 point handicap. Lolz

2 years is a fairer target.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Pie yes we get it every season it's that five year plan theve had for ten years Law of averages they will have a decent season sometime should be this year with the millions theve spent But it doesn't guarantee you anything in the Championship we've tried it Brum did last year My forecast they will start ok then tail off in October and Kranky gone by Xmas and Brazil in charge on Boxing Day Hope you team so a bit better this season and get out of that division You have a good manager and owner your crowds are returning Just get it right in the pitch
    Pot and kettle springs to mind here. How many times has the league been sewn up at Xmas, before the implosion happens?

Mind the gap/we'll never play you again etc.
    Like watching ****ing Del boy, "this time next year" blah blah.
    I do notice how Stenson has ****ed off and not so cocky this summer.

Laughable
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 17-07-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Pie yes we get it every season it's that five year plan theve had for ten years Law of averages they will have a decent season sometime should be this year with the millions theve spent But it doesn't guarantee you anything in the Championship we've tried it Brum did last year My forecast they will start ok then tail off in October and Kranky gone by Xmas and Brazil in charge on Boxing Day Hope you team so a bit better this season and get out of that division You have a good manager and owner your crowds are returning Just get it right in the pitch
    Cheers MRam but after Derby strolled around to an easy win against us on Saturday that sort of p-ssed on our strawberries But the players that came on the last half hour looked much better so I am optimistic but we are Notts County so expect nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Pot and kettle springs to mind here. How many times has the league been sewn up at Xmas, before
    the implosion happens?

Mind the gap/we'll never play you again etc.
    Like watching ****ing Del boy, "this time next year" blah blah.
    I do notice how Stenson has ****ed off and not so cocky this summer.

Laughable
    Don't try laying that at my door mate I've told you many times i never forecast anything to do with the Championship Bet you would love your team to explode at Xmas instead of September for a change Can't think Stenson has gone anywhere probably just bored with lack of competition from your lot

Don't try laying that at my door mate I've told you many times i never forecast anything to do with the Championship Bet you would love your team to explode at Xmas instead of September for a change Can't think Stenson has gone anywhere probably just bored with lack of competition from your lot
    Bull****, he was here solid for 2 years when he thought Derby were lording it over everyone. Then he has a strange habit of declining after Xmas.
    Snide comments and insinuations and also a bit like you that DCFC can do no wrong.
    Under Clough and shut purse, right thing to do
    Under Mc Clown spend spend spend, right thing to do.

Sounds like you now.

Bull****, he was here solid for 2 years when he thought Derby were lording it over everyone. Then h has a strange habit of declining after Xmas.
    Snide comments and insinuations and also a bit like you that DCFC can do no wrong.
    Under Clough and shut purse, right thing to do
    Under Mc Clown spend spend spend, right thing to do.

Sounds like you now.
    spend spend spend right thing to do What do you think the trees are doing How much German beer have you drunk Tricky

spend spend spend right thing to do What do you think the trees are doing How much German beer have you drunk Tricky
    If you paid attention, you'd have noted I don't drink.
    As for spending, we have had 2 years of austerity and an embargo.
    I don't have to go into the maths, but if you used your nogging, what we have spent up to yet is spread out over 5 years.
    Made a hefty profit last year. No embargo for us, you lot though may be in for a shock.

Now now Tricky a word of caution there. Our friend runs to Daddy and shows him all the nasty stuff we've been exposing on him.

Footymad is quite clear that kids should not be 'bullied.' So be careful there before 'he-she's daddy has to come plead on the kid's behalf.

In all my years here, this is the first time I've ever seen a user complain to his/her dad.
    Comedy gold !!

Back on topic, of course I'm glad we've overhauled the team. Of course one is excited on the reputation of the Portuguese players. Tobias as a marker was commanding in defense akin to a time we had Morgan there.
    At least 2 of the 3 new recruits are supposed to be good on paper. And Soudani apparently knows his way to goal.

Whether they can succeed is of course open to question. They may actually find the Prem easier. However I have watched some top flight Portuguese footy and while there is a huge gap between the top 3 sides and the rest, the footy itself isn't bad.

Not too much flair suprisingly but rather defensive. Teams are prepared to sit on single goal leads.
    This isn't a bad option for someone new to the Championship. You hardly get anywhere without being defensive end we've been extremely poor defensively this whole century.

And although the smart money is on these new players failing given the difficulty of this league, there's some comfort in knowing that it was Karanka signing them.
    He's Iberian and he's got experience in the league.
    If it was an English manager signing them, I'd be worried. And it be long odds for all 4 to fail. Maybe 2 are successful and the other 2 not so or even flops.

Of course like Es*** I hope all these means we've finally assembled a squad that can win promotion.
    It's definitely worth a punt to give this a shot.

More likely to fail than succeed, I concur with the critics. But if we can finish in the playoffs or be as close to it as possible come May next year, I'd be overjoyed.

And if we fail to go up, then the prize for us, is for some of these players to play a blinder, so we can sell them on for a profit and buy the players needed to go 1 better the next season.

How would I judge failure?
    Anything below 12th place or perhaps finishing more than 10 points off 6th spot

So around 62 points and good offers for our players would make me quite satisfied.

If you paid attention, you'd have noted I don't drinks
    As for spending, we have had 2 years of austerity and an embargo.
    I don't have to go into the maths, but if you used your nogging, what we have spent up to yet is spread out over 5 years.
    Made a hefty profit last year. No embargo for us, you lot though may be in for a shock.
    There will not be any embargo that's just wishful thinking You don't get an embargo unless you break FFP as your club found out by paying stupid wages for all those ex Prem players you bought We have not and will not break FFP so you tell your little birdie they don't know what they talking about Either that or use your own noggin😊

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast