+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest tipped as title contenders....

Forest tipped as title contenders....

Say no more, get ya money out now! COYR.

8/1

Total bollox.
    Stoke and WBA are better bets. At most we've done our chances of reaching the playoffs no harm.
    At most.

I may however consider your points Es*** if we sign anyone of the following to complement Grabban

1 Bamford
    2. Britt
    3 Any other proven striker

Look at the past Championship seasons Romanis, there's always been an unexpected team the surprises people,
    This season it's us!.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    Look at the past Championship seasons Romanis, there's always been an unexpected team the surprises people,
    This season it's us!.
    Yes but we failed so often that just based on hope, it's a hard sell.

We have 9 new players, it'll take time for them to get used to each other and especially the foreign players to adapt to tier 2 footy. It's easier for such players to adapt to the top flight, where there's room for flair and creativity. In this league, graft usually supersedes craft.

Playoffs at best now if you ask me and even that I'm not confident. Only if we get another top notch striker, say someone in the mould of Britt, Bamford or even Vydra. Then I'd be a little more confident.

The most crucial thing is to secure the defense. We've been pathetic in this department for decades. To succeed we got to be deadly dull. Dull but nevertheless deadly. And that means lots of dire 1-0 wins.

So before you go get excited look out for these kind of results. If come December, we have a healthy dose of these, especially away from home and when at home, do this to teams like Stoke, WBA, Boro, the Sheffield clubs and Derby, then you can get excited.

Now calm down and let see how we start the campaign. A tricky away tie and a few tough looking games in the. 1st month alone.

Say no more, get ya money out now! COYR.

8/1
    8-1 you're right but only for play-offs. Slightly higher for. 2nd spot around 9 or 10-1. 14-1 for the title.

In fact it's what I've been saying all along.
    Stoke favourites around 3-1 thereabouts for promotion followed by WBA and Swansea. Of last season's teams, Boro head the list.

So even if we take the bookies confidence, playoffs are really our best hope. And we all know about them. It's a long season and first you have to reach it and then 3 tough games await. And it doesn't always go to plan.

Maybe of the 3, Stoke, WBA and Swansea, 1 or 2 might falter but it's a stretch to claim we are the natural successors.
    Hull and Villa should still have some parachute money.
    Except for the complete overhaul of our side and a definite improvement in defense under Karanka, it remains to be seen if we can rise.
    True some of the buys look tantalising and we should see some good results but 46 games is a long haul.

Can they click? Can they acclinatise? Will we escape our injury jinx? Will Karanka be afforded time if initial results run askew?

Can we score goals and eke out difficult 1-0 wins from customary draws? Can we turn the City Ground into a fortress? Can we avoid too many defeare on the road to grounds where we traditionally flop - Brammall Lane, Hillsborough, Riverside, Elland Road and Pride Park?

There's a whole lot more ifs than the joys of hope and expectation that greet us in a new season.

It'll be a welcome surprise if we can answer positively to most of those questions and make it a memorable season.
    But even then, there's another gap from memorable to successful.

The only logical conclusion is:
    Have hopes and expectations but just the same, don't risk your money by betting on us.

Anyways Es*** my lad, don't punt on 8-1. Wait til October or November when we are around 10 th or 12th place. The odds might rise to 25-1 or higher. If we are gonna succeed that'll be the point for the turnaround.
    Excepting Newcastle, I can't think of any team that has won the league or promotion from pillar to post.

Say no more, get ya money out now! COY

8/1
    Es*** mate this is what you wrote in FMDerby
    20-7-2016. 10.05 AM
    IT'S OUR SEASON
    Now it's going back a couple of seasons so you might not be able to remember where you finished but I think it's one of these three was it
    1st 2nd or 19th if you can't remember ask Tricky or Romeo they will know 😊😊😊

Every season is Es*** season he is the eternal optimist and why not most fans have hope at the start, bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Every season is Es*** season he is the eternal optimist and
    why not most fans have hope at the start, bless him.
    Pie yes we get it every season it's that five year plan theve had for ten years Law of averages they will have a decent season sometime should be this year with the millions theve spent But it doesn't guarantee you anything in the Championship we've tried it Brum did last year My forecast they will start ok then tail off in October and Kranky gone by Xmas and Brazil in charge on Boxing Day Hope you team so a bit better this season and get out of that division You have a good manager and owner your crowds are returning Just get it right in the pitch

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast