+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: D Day for Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    CiB
    It's only the xenophobic, right wing nationalists such as Farage and Rees-Posh Bollox - Hogg that want to stop that movement.

That’s libellous and untrue. I don’t think anyone wants to stop immigration but what most even in the EU now seem to want to control unfettered immigration and have the ability to reject or return undesirables and freeloaders.
    Bloody heck, not another litigation to defend?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Now Boris resigns.

What a pantomime.

Prepare for Government Jeremy!
    Boris realises he has no chance of being leader if he didn’t stand on his principles.
    You don’t recognise men of principal then BT. These two were given responsibility for Brexit only for Theresa to set up a no.10 Brexit unit which wrote her paper without them.

Jeremy is probably putting on his incontinence trousers at the very thought. If you think May is bad and she’s not great, I’m sure the Labour lot will make an even greater mess - that’s if they get the chance. Remind me what Labours policies are on Brexit!
    Don’t get too excited though.
    Theresa may step down but all that’s needed is a leadership election and Davis and Boris might get the job. Though I guess Brexiteers will be let down and some Remoaner will take over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    only if the two men are worried that CM posts are going to damage their reputation.

Could we possibly damage them more?

For your delectation and delight...

Messrs, Davis and Johnson.

Attachment 10144

Will you bloody calm down BT, I'm not going to have the time !!

I have read many, many quotes and opinions and Boris and Jeremy both want what is being referred to as a hard Brexit.

Common sense however tells me we need to retain access to the Customs Union and Single Market, but I have now arrived at the same opinion of Mad Boris, dealing with the exit demands of the EU is akin to polishing a turd.

Let's just leave and be damned!
    Quite right BT, I think the penny might just be dropping that whatever we propose, the EU are going to say no, they will accept nothing but our utter acquiescence to their demands. Even May now seems to have accepted this and is, better late than never I suppose, stepping up preparations for WTO rules.

But these are good times, the Brexiteers have had enough and are turning on May and her traitorous soft Brexit plans, she is surely on borrowed time now. The utterly useless Tory Party is tearing itself apart, hopefully it's terminal, and if Brexit goes tits up Sir Nigel of Farage has promised to resurrect UKIP, so 17 million betrayed Brexiteers will have a party to vote for.

Hopefully the EU wiil persist in it's intransigence, force us into a no deal situation, their economies will suffer damage along with ours, and the **** will hit the fan in the EU, as their industries so dependent on exports to the UK start to shed jobs and profitability.

This could end up better than any Europa League run.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Boris realises he has no chance of being leader if he didn’t stand on his principles.
    You don’t recognise men of principal then BT. These two were given responsibility for Brexit only for Theresa to set up a no.10 Brexit unit which wrote her paper without them.
    BJ, man of principle. LOL

Fair point flb but he would have had to resign to vote that way. Does a runway merit the Foreign Secretary’s resignation especially when he knew it wouldn’t affect the outcome. There will be other chances for him to show his views on that topic. He judged leading Brexit more important.
    Now he can lie down whenever he likes as work is nowhere near starting.

The man's ego far exceeds his talent. I have no doubts whatsoever he believes he will end up as Prime Minister.

The very epitome of a career politician.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)