+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: D Day for Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I honestly don't know if these Tory barstewards are brilliantly duplicitous and rammed full of political wiliness or simply as thick as treacle and really do not have a clue as to what they are doing. May I respectfully suggest the latter?

If Corbyn would stop worrying about the timetable for the number 58 bus (last week's PM question time) and come up with a viable Brexit plan, he might even get elected into number 10 via the number 58 bus.
    I really don't know BT, can May really be as big a numpty she appears to be ? She was/is a Remainer and it turns out, despite all the sweet talk and promises, she is delivering the country back into the hands of the EU, just as the Remoaning traitors wanted.

I think JC has missed a trick here, being too clever by half, if he had stayed true to his gut instinct that we are better off out of the EU, and directed Labour to accord with the wishes of the 17 million to unshackle us from the rotting corpse of the EU, then he would have got my vote at the next election, and potentially 17 million others. But he decided, or was directed, to use Brexit as a political football to kick the Tories with, and the opportunity has gone. I thought he was a man of principle, but he's sided with big business, the banks, the corrupt EU, the Establishment, so feck him as well.

Just a thought BT, the referendum result did have one very positive aspect for you lefties, by it's very nature it consigned UKIP to the dustbin of political history, it's job done it no longer served any useful purpose. If, as it appears, we will have been betrayed and we are not free from the clutches of the EU, then there going to be 17 million disaffected voters wanting to register a protest, and who do they turn to ? Clearly not the Tories who will have reneged on their promise, not JC's Labour who have sold their souls to the Remainer Establishment for short term political advantage, nor the despicable, quisling LibDems with their duplicitous calls for a neverendum. So who ? UKIP is little more now than a pile of smouldering ashes, but legend has it that a Pheonix can rise from a pile of smouldering ashes. Beware 17 million people with a grudge against the political class and the Establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Can someone explain how this deal is better than the one we have now please?
    I don't know the details 59/60, but from what little I do know it sounds like we may well be worse off than we are now, so we could be in agreement. I hope you're not going to moan about it though, this Soft Brexit is what you and your Remoanian chums have fought for, it's why you took the government to court, it's why the House of Lords has been throwing it's unelected weight around, it's why traitorous Tory, LibDem and Labour politicians have been sloping off to Brussels for cosy chats with Barnier, what were they talking about I wonder ?

It's not what I, or I suspect 17 million others wanted, but it's the only option the very well, funded and organised Remoan campaign has left us with. This is what you Remoaners wanted, this is the Brexit you Remainers fought for, you've ensured every other option is off the table, so no point moaning.

You lost the referendum battle and you moaned, you've won the war and you're still moaning. You've got your Soft Brexit, cheer up old boy.

My worry is the far right and their racist xenophobia is spreading throughout Europe. My God, what are we doing?

Whoa there Sinkov.

If you think that I am happy with the outcome then you are utterly wrong.

And it's far too soon to rule out a hard Brexit. What happens if the EU doesn't sign up to the deal, which is very likely?

At that point Rees-Mogg, Boris et al will be able to say "up theirs" and I think Theresa and her chums will simply cave in. They will run the risk of looking very weak to many people if they make many more concessions.

And I am still firmly of the view that we would be far, far better off remaining than signing up to any form of Brexit.

This is a long, long way from being settled.

The people of this country are now in four different camps.

1/. Accept this, or a similar deal.
    2/. Stick out for a hard Brexit.
    3/. Remain.
    4/. Haven't got a clue about it.

The only way that there can be a semblance of order in all this is if the people themselves decide. Otherwise, whatever the outcome, there will be ill feeling in the country for many, many years.

The Tories will be toast and Jeremy will walk in.

There may well be four differing views in the country on this as you claim 59/60, but if you ask the people to vote on the four options we would probably have 25% of the vote for each and we'd be no further forward. The only way the people could give any sort of lead to the politicians would be for a decisive vote for one of the options, and this wouldn't happen. So your proposal for a vote is a non starter, and even if it did get off the ground it would not provide a solution.

I'm not saying you're happy or otherwise, I'm just pointing out that having lost the referendum the choice was between what you would call a 'soft' Brexit and a 'hard' Brexit. The Remoanian Establishment has gone to great lengths and enormous expense to ensure it was a 'soft' Brexit. Brexiteers, me included, have been pointing out for two years the dangers of the Remoanian approach, so having achieved their aim, it seems to me Remoanians should at least have the decency not to moan about it. You can't say you weren't warned just what a trap the EU was setting for us, and you've forced us into it. Well done.

Eh? You sound very defeatist there Sinkov.

Like I say, it would not surprise me in the least if, after the EU reject the deal, we will go for the hard Brexit.

You are passionate about your hard Brexit and I am a passionate Remoaner. Some people are happy about the deal.

What is the consensus? We won't know until we ask the people.

Eh? You sound very defeatist there Sinkov.

Like I say, it would not surprise me in the least if, after the EU reject the deal, we will go for the hard Brexit.

You are passionate about your hard Brexit and I am a passionate Remoaner. Some people are happy about the deal.
    des
    What is the consensus? We won't know until we ask the people.
    I don't really know what you mean by a 'hard' Brexit 59/60, I just want what we were promised, to leave the EU. I posted what I expected to be delivered in Post 32, whether this deal meets my idea of Brexit or not, I have no idea yet. I've bought the Sunday Times today but I haven't read it yet, maybe I'll find out what exactly is proposed later, if I can force myself to read it.

I have no problem with you being a Remainer, we differ on that, but you may well be right, we may well be better off staying in. But that was a decision for the referendum, I expected that having voted to leave we would then find out over the next few years which of us was correct, if it did indeed turn out to be a disaster we could have applied to go back in, but if we and up as we both expect, half out and half in, we'll never know will we ? I won't be happy, you won't be happy, and the EU will be laughing at us. But by the Remoaners refusal to accept the result of the referendum, and success in thwarting the governments attempts to achieve a clean break, or a hard Brexit as you would call it, that's what we'll have to live with. Just please don't moan about it.

You're doing enough moaning for the two of us Sinkov!

You're doing enough moaning for the two of us Sinkov!
    You're not going to start moaning about me moaning about you moaning now are you ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-07-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My worry is the far right and their racist xenophobia is spreading throughout Europe. My God, what are we doing?
    FAR Right! Drop in the bucket. I am more worried about the real threat to civilisation; cultural Marxist Far Left:- End of free speech. Hierarchy of oppression, intersectionality, Endless genders, No Borders & unfettered migration, Antifa and good old George Soros making sure it all goes to plan to name but a few gems in store for us to enjoy. What could possibly go wrong?!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)