+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: D Day for Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    One against twenty seven ---why should they offer anything to anyone jumping ship?
    Did anyone ever have a word with those in Greenland who were responsible for them leaving the EU --they may have had a few tips! The mess continues and once we get past Beecher's Brook we will have to see who is in The Chair!

I thought they didn’t want a hard Brexit super. They keep saying that at least, and stand to lose a lot of money. Anyway it takes two to Tango, but just now they choose and play the music but wont dance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I strongly disagree with the idea that 95% of politicians have no principles and the other 5% are suspect.

I have met plenty of principled, decent MP's in my time - and those were just Lib Dems. I am certain that Tory/Labour are the same.

I have found that generally they are just ordinary people who want to make a difference.

Plenty of examples of unprincipled arseholes in Parliament though, and Boris is certainly one.
    Yes,the only problem is that the ones who actually want to make a difference never rise to the top.....

Evening CIB. I get your general point but there are a few.

One point is that if people simply wanted to make a career in politics then they wouldn't join the Lib Dems.

Charles Kennedy, Ming Campbell, Tim Farron, Vince Cable and, although no one on here will agree with me, Nick Clegg are all people who went into politics to improve the peoples lot - not for power or personal gratification. I have met them all, apart from Charlie, and their normalness shone through.

I am certain that there are principled people in the other parties too, but I have never actually met any so we can only judge them from afar and in an unnatural way - usually the telly.

Kennedy was a sad, sad alcoholic, Clegg an unprincipled charlatan, Farron totally useless with the backbone of an amoeba and Cable is so confused he forgets to tie his shoelaces, but please go on. Ming Campbell? You are joking, right?

Charles Kennedy, Ming Campbell, Tim Farron, Vince Cable and, although no one on here will agree with me, Nick Clegg are all people who went into politics to improve the peoples lot
    I'll add a few names to your list 59/60,

Cyril Smith, kiddy fiddler extraordinaire, protected by the Establishment.
    Jeremy Thorpe, laughably found 'not guilty' of conspiracy to murder, another one kept out of jail by the Establishment.
    Chris Huhne, sentenced to 8 months at her majesty's pleasure for perverting the course of justice,.
    David Laws, expenses cheat, had to resign from the Cabinet.
    Sir Menzies Campbell and Lembit Opek two more prominent LibDems fingered for cheating on expenses.
    In addition the LibDems were fined £18,000 for breaching campaign spending rules during the Brexit referendum.
    In December 2016 the LibDems were fined the maximum of £20,000 by the Electoral Commision for failing to declare 307 payments totalling £184,676 during the election campaign.

Will that do to be going on with ?

Wow, you have been busy tonight!

Tomorrow I'll tear up my membership card and join UKIP.

Two more resign but the EU rally to support Theresa
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44785797

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the prime minister said her plan would allow for a "smooth and orderly Brexit", protecting jobs and livelihoods.
    Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar, who has insisted any Brexit deal must guarantee there is no "hard border" on the island of Ireland, has suggested the Chequers agreement might represent a breakthrough.
    "If the UK is able to relax some of its red lines, then the European Union should be flexible too," he told the Irish Parliament. "I think perhaps we are now entering into that space."
    German Chancellor Angela Merkel, speaking at a summit for the Western Balkans in London, said it was good that the UK had put proposals on the table and the EU would issue a "common response" in due course.
    "We have made progress," she told reporters.
    And the EU's negotiator Michel Barnier said 80% of the detail of the UK's withdrawal had been settled and he was now prepared to start talking about a "very ambitious" trade agreement with the UK.

So it must be a bad deal!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 10-07-2018 at 10:41 PM.

You know how to chose them 59.

Principles.

We are really going nowhere with this are we. Theresa May could be gone before much longer and I am reading chilling reports that the Tory inner circle want Rees-Moggy as Prime Minister.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)