+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: D Day for Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    but it will certainly be more acceptable than leaving it to the Tories.
    You really are unfair on the Tories 59/60, has the penny not dropped yet that the Tories are on your side ? The first clues came before the referendum, they campaigned alongside the LibDems for Remain, have you forgotten that ? They spent £9m of public money sending a leaflet to every UK household pleading with us to vote Remain, did you not get one ? The Tory Chancellor orchestrated the ludicrous Project Fear, spelling out the disasters that would befall us should we vote to leave. We voted to leave, nothing happened, have you forgotten that ? Now we have their Chequers plan which keeps us tied to the EU's apron strings, BRINO, we pay them money, they tell us what to do, we accept all their rules and regs, your business carries on as normal. It ain't Brexit but surely it keeps you happy ?

There is one other huge giveaway as well, there is a minority of Tory MPs who are known as Brexiteers, they campaigned, against official Tory policy, to leave the EU, they want to leave the EU, you know some of them, Boris, the Mogg etc, they are also called 'rebels'.

Now why do you think that is ? You do know what a 'rebel' is don't you.
    Last edited by sinkov; 22-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

there's no need for that 59'60....as posted before : Was Britain Taken Into The EU Illegally?
    http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html

so you see - can't leave what we haven't (Legally) joined.

An interesting perspective Norder.

You understand the betting market more than me Sinkov. If you were a bookie then what odds would you give on the various outcomes for Brexit?

i would go...

Theresa's deal 2-1
    No Deal Evens
    Remain 5-1
    Another unspecified deal 2-1

Some bets for you

Name:  E068B3D3-5CDC-4474-8831-149DBD76285D.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  22.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    You understand the betting market more than me Sinkov. If you were a bookie then what odds would you give on the various outcomes for Brexit?

i would go...

Theresa's deal 2-1
    No Deal Evens
    Remain 5-1
    Another unspecified deal 2-1
    I do understand betting markets to a certain extent 59/60, but I don't understand what's going on with Brexit. Theresa's deal is dead in the water, it's a non runner, but if any mug punters wanted to bet on it, then they could name their own price with BetSinkov.com.

Of the other runners I'd go

Out with no deal...6/4, neither side wants it to win, but one is so incompetent, the other so intransigent, it could happen.

Remain...2/1, I think this one is being trained up for a late run. Not discounted.

Some sort of deal...5/2, been in the lead for a long way, but starting to tire as they approach the final furlong. The jockey may have to use his whip to get this one over the line.

You know I said last year that there was no way for us to legally stay in the EU, there was no way to reverse the A50 procedure which takes us out. That's still the case, but I believe that, even as we speak, the EU are working on this very problem. Watch this space.

No Deal and Hard Brexit have jointly hit the five furlong marker.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    An interesting perspective Norder.
    http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html

just an honest vantage point - taken from a step or two above the unlit and blurry deposits of mainstream unthink.

only other way is deeper - back to it's construction in the 50's - Schuman Plan (European Coal and Steel Community) - Foggy Bottom Acheson - U.S Funding (regional interests)....etc.

Power Games...and it's time to move on to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    59/60, you're sounding very excitable, when you've calmed down, will you explain precisely what it is I've said that you want to bet on ?

In the meantime please read, or re-read, my post 174, and take special note that nowhere do I say the traitor's devious scheme won't succeed. It may well.
    Interesting Norder - you could have saved us all a lot of grief had you mentioned this before!

By the way, Margaret Thatcher was an ardent supporter of the EU and was very influential in setting up the Single Market - and, by extension, the Euro.

Couple of speeches below (1980 and 1988)

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/103683

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/107219

I'm losing the will to live with all of this Brexit bollox. Let's just LEAVE and be damned!

Jeremy Hunt has warned that without a "change in approach from the EU negotiators", there is now a "very real risk of a Brexit no deal by accident".
    The foreign secretary said "many" in the EU believed they just had to "wait long enough and Britain will blink" but "that's not going to happen".
    He warned of "unintended geopolitical consequences" with just Vladimir Putin "rejoicing" if there was no deal.
    Germany's foreign minister says it wants a deal "not a disorderly Brexit".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44918262
    BBC

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)