+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: D Day for Brexit

That's the problem in a nutshell Supersub.

Whatever the Government agree to it will alienate the majority of the public and it will rumble on and on and on...

Leaving the decision to the people is the only way to bring a modicum of order - although Theresa has ruled this out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Whatever the Government agree to it will alienate the majority of the public and it will rumble on and on and on...

Leaving the decision to the people is the only way to bring a modicum of order - although Theresa has ruled this out.
    The people decided that they want to leave, There is no point now in going back to the people because they are probably more divided than they were before. If the people decided that they don't like the terms then what is the next course of action?
    You can guarantee that we have plenty of obligations which we will be expected to fulfil and you can also guarantee that, should we not fulfil those outstanding obligations, the rest of the world will be advised that we cannot be trusted.
    As I have said from the start ---what a mess!

Supersub, put the final deal to the people.

If they don't like it then they can choose to crash out without a deal or stay.

It's the only way to save us from virtual civil war.

And surely NO ONE is saying that we shouldn't meet our obligations?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm sure some sort of a deal will be cobbled together, quite possibly at the last moment. The EU have started talking about no deal, bollox, it's a smokescreen, what will be concentrating their minds is the 40 billion euros that will slip through their fingers if they don't agree a deal. No deal and no 40 billion is simply not an option for the EU, but they won't tell you that.
    Been doing quite a bit of reading this last couple of days, since the EU suddenly and mysteriously started talking 'no deal', trying to ascertain what was the thinking behind this change of emphasis in Brussels. I said above they do not want a 'no deal' under any circumstances, which is 100% correct, but I'm beginning to think the deal they will be offering instead at the last minute won't be the trade deal I was thinking it would be.

I did wonder why there were so many of our Parliamentarian traitors sloping off to Brussels for cosy little chats with Barnier and Juncker, what on earth could they be talking about ? I think I know now. Around the same time, more and more traitors in this country began a second Project Fear, about the dangers of 'no deal', and pressing for another referendum with the option of staying in the EU. Traitors like Matthew Parris and others are openly discussing the possibilty of totally ignoring the referendum, and suggesting the EU might have us back, he thinks we could be accepted back on our current terms.

I can see what's happening here, the EU will stonewall, they will not under any circumstances agree to a trade deal, Project Fear will be ramped up, with ludicrous stories about the dire fate that will befall us should we leave without a trade deal, did you notice that fatuous claim from the EU's sock puppet in Dublin, that our planes wouldn't be able to fly over Ireland, expect much more idiotic drivel like that, and then, at the last minute, when they hope the entire nation will be trembling at the thought of 'crashing out without a deal' as the traitors like to call it, and trading under WTO rules, will come the EU offer, but it won't be a trade deal like I originally thought, it will be an offer for us to stay in the EU.

That's what the slimeball traitors are up to with their EU paymasters. Mark my words.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-07-2018 at 08:17 PM.

You put too much trust in your own theories. What makes you think asking the people will solve everything. I doubt it would solve anything and as I have said to you several times you need at least 50% of the people to agree so only two questions. It seems you want to offer Brexit a Brexit b and Brexit c versus remaining. Sorry that’s not on.

Of course the EU want a deal, but they want all the favours, leaving us with little of what we want and paying over the odds for it. That’s not my idea of an acceptable deal and all this scaremongering just hardens my resolve to leave asap.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 21-07-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    What makes you think asking the people will solve everything.
    59/60 doesn't think OC, that's his problem.

Sinkov, you are a betting man and I am a bloke who never wins a bet.

So here is a perfect opportunity for you.

I'll give you odds of 10-1 that we remain.

Will you give me evens that we leave without a deal?

NOTE: This offer is subject to a maximum stake of a quid.

Will you put your money where your mouth is?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    You put too much trust in your own theories. What makes you think asking the people will solve everything. I doubt it would solve anything and as I have said to you several times you need at least 50% of the people to agree so only two questions. It seems you want to offer Brexit a Brexit b and Brexit c versus remaining. Sorry that’s not on.

Of course the EU want a deal, but they want all the favours, leaving us with little of what we want and paying over the odds for it. That’s not my idea of an acceptable deal and all this scaremongering just hardens my resolve to leave asap.
    Simple OC.

Three choices on the ballot paper. You have to put your first and second preferences. The first options are all counted. If no option reaches 50% then the least popular option is discarded.
    Then it is a straight run off between the remaining (no pun intended) options, with the second preferences added for voters whose first option was discarded.

This method is widely used, is straightforwards and fair.

I agree that a peoples vote won't stop all the argy bargy, but it will certainly be more acceptable than leaving it to the Tories.

Three choices on the ballot paper....
    there's no need for that 59'60....as posted before : Was Britain Taken Into The EU Illegally?
    http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html

so you see - can't leave what we haven't (Legally) joined.

Sinkov, you are a betting man and I am a bloke who never wins a bet.

So here is a perfect opportunity for you.

I'll give you odds of 10-1 that we remain.

Will you give me evens that we leave without a deal?

NOTE: This offer is subject to a maximum stake of a quid.

Will you put your money where your mouth is?
    59/60, you're sounding very excitable, when you've calmed down, will you explain precisely what it is I've said that you want to bet on ?

In the meantime please read, or re-read, my post 174, and take special note that nowhere do I say the traitor's devious scheme won't succeed. It may well.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)