+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts Conty have broken my heart

Notts Conty have broken my heart

Ok , I have had a drink but who could blame me . You all know me as navy but my family and freinds know me as Phil. Today I took my mum and son up to Wilford Hill to visit my dad. Broke my heart to tell him Notts County were no longer in the Football League. Now, I realise I might be not everyones cup of tea on here but the two reasons I moved back to Nottingham after spending so many years away.... I missed my family and Notts County. My dads team . My sons team.My team.

Just breaks my heart.
    Last edited by navypie; 05-05-2019 at 10:32 PM.

It's crossed my mind more than a few times in the last few days what my brother would think about all this. He was a big Notts fan and was responsible for me being one, as he used to take me to ML when I was a nipster. He died a few years back after a long battle with Parkinsons, horrible disease.

As long as a takeover is done we will survive we might not get back to league football but we will still have a club im sure you both knew we would go down when we weren’t in control yesterday.

Sad times for both of you with your losses never nice I know what it is like to lose family/friends who supported us and how they would turn in their graves if they knew this was the outcome.

Yes it is sad we went down but family will always come first as it should do.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's crossed my mind more than a few times in the last few days what my brother would think about all this. He was a big Notts fan and was responsible for me being one, as he used to take me to ML when I was a nipster. He died a few years back after a long battle with Parkinsons, horrible disease.
    Dreadful disease. Thoughts are with you

Notts County are not the ones that have broken your heart.It's the pr@t that owns us. He is the one to BLAME, nobody else. The buck stops with him

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Notts County are not the ones that have broken your heart.It's the pr@t that owns us. He is the one to BLAME, nobody else. The buck stops with him
    It's so refreshing to see people sorting the wood from the trees. I was saying this months ago and slagged off. Look where that tit look us!

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    It's so refreshing to see people sorting the wood from the trees. I was saying this months ago and slagged off. Look where that tit look us!
    Think you will find I have said he is a tool for a long time

Chins up fellas, look we've been pants for a long long time now,whats so special about staying in the league if we're going to see the same old recipe season after season anyway,it wasn't that much fun was it,at times it was pretty embarrassing to be a notts fan

i myself have fallen out of love with football ,its all money and media now and at our level struggle and there's no magic anymore,we didn't used to know who was getting paid 5k a week and we weren't privy to the size of the owners bank balance(or size of other things for that matter) we just turned up at the lane and watched our team and hoped for a good result so we could enjoy our saturday evenings.... and once in a while we'd do something truly magical that we'll remember forever.

As long as we still turn up i suspect we'll still have a club, lets go into non league without expectations, roaring on our team whoever they are, forget the nonsense,forget about the money and media and support our boys, take our saturdays back and see the magic of football come back to meadow lane..... our best 11 vs their best 11 and may the best team win

i for one am a bit more excited this season,with our fans we could have a home atmosphere every single game,there are some new teams to visit and some old one rivalries to rekindle

break this cycle of failure we've been on, and roll on the FA Cup draw!!! COYP

No tranny window in The National League, so that's summatt.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Ok , I have had a drink but who could blame me . You all know me as navy but my family and freinds know me as Phil. Today I took my mum and son up to Wilford Hill to visit my dad. Broke my heart to tell him Notts County were no longer in the Football League. Now, I realise I might be not everyones cup of tea on here but the two reasons I moved back to Nottingham after spending so many years away.... I missed my family and Notts County. My dads team . My sons team.My team.

Just breaks my heart.
    As my mum used to say during my ill-fated ****age romances, plenty of other fish to fry. She was Swiss so metaphors weren't her strong suit. With a fair wind next season could be quite exciting. We might even win a game or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast