+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grant to Luton

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Some very harsh comments about grant, the whole team went missing in second half of season!!! Grant was in a poor side at the end.good luck to him , he gave us his best , scored loads of goals and deserves every success at Luton
    Fair enough, but Grant's dip in form was the biggest. More damaging than that was F-word whipping Yates away to Scunny. Hopefully. we'll continue to look elsewhere for loanees. They'll always be rivals and us doing well is not in their interests.

Hope Grant does well at Luton. I doubt he'll have that fixed left-side role in a 442 and will probably get off to a flyer again
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 06-07-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Rumour goes his head was turned by a substantial bid for him at Christmas by Bradford, so maybe his dip in form coincided with that. Whatever the case he did well whilst he was here and his clinical finishing and performances made us look a better outfit than we were.

Those attributing his success and goals to Yates maybe forget his previous season loan? 17 games 6 goals nearly 1/3 not a bad return in a struggling side from midfield. Though I think Yates is a good player I don’t think any of the goals he scored were because of him. A confidence player who knows where the net is. Think he thrived with us because Nolan had so much faith in him, after Christmas not so sure. A good player all the same who’ll definitely make a living playing football.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12