+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: We have a goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    ?? I said 6 week ago we need two keepers so why would we be left with bilboa as number 2?..
    Rodak and price this season will cost us in wages about 9k per week.. total that up and in 12 month were left with close to 1/2 million wage bill plus one keeper (rodak) who is worth more than we can afford so will go back to Fulham. And one who will be 34 and worth nothing. Plus we will still need 2 keepers...

This thread is all about price. Waste of money and no return or prospect of return. Who in there right mind would give a 33 year old a 2 year contract.
    Everyone except me has posted why they think he's a good signing and can see why warne did it without giving a reason why.
    Signing him to help rodak development doesn't wash.. we have a goal keeping coach for that..
    I'll trust Warne's judgement ahead of yours although you obviously think you know best.

I would like a link to that interview as PW would go down in my estimate of a manager if he signs a player and then says I've only signed him to sit on the bench and come on when needed. What is that telling players... Talk about negative.
    My question was what if rodak doesn't come,. What if other targets don't come. That then makes price number 1..
    Your once again picking at my posts with negative replys. Keyboard warrior? Haha
    And here she is again. Link please

If you read my posts I'm Not saying don't use the loan. The loan system is what we hope to survive on I'm saying loaning rodak and signing price is pointless..
    Most teams have 1 good keeper (number 1) and a young up n coming. Hungry lad..
    If we get Rodak, Warne has loaned a 21 year old as number 1 and signed a 33 year old as number 2
    I seem to recall that Bilbo has been given a new contract so Pollitt must rate him.
    It's probably bad timing for Bilbo to be the number two because we've been promoted to the big boys league and I would imagine the club thinks it's too much of a risk to be in a Kelle Roos type scenario again.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 08-07-2018 at 08:28 AM.

[QUOTE=flourbasher;38939019]I seem to recall that Bilbo has been given a new contract so Pollitt must rate him.
    It's probably bad timing for Bilbo to be the number two because we've been promoted to the big boys league and I would imagine the club thinks it's too much of a risk to be in a Kelle Roos type scenario again.[/QUOT

yeah think we gave him a year extension to June 2019.. I've only seen him play in bits n bobs of games... Let's hope he developes into a decent keeper..
    Let's hope warne gets us a keeper sorted as the longer the rodak saga goes on the less likely he is to come... Austria tomorrow. Enjoy the runs 😃

And here she is again. Link please
    I'll ignore the childish jibe.
    I suggest you look under Rotherham Advertiser "New deal for top pro Lewis Price."

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I suggest you look under Rotherham Advertiser "New deal for top pro Lewis Price."
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...rice_27808.htm

[QUOTE=Masbroughstreet;38938410]Part of having a discussion is having opinions, I didn't agree with yours so gave mine, you don't agree with mine so you gave yours, /QUOTE]

i agree, you did give your opinion but you also told me mine was irrelevant. im happy for anyone to give there opinion and im happy to discuss threads. something i never do is tell people there opinion is wrong. unless its millertop cos he knows why hes wrong .. no one has still told me why signing price is a good move..

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    your quote
    Because Paul Warne has said Price will be our second choice keeper. He expects to sign his first choice keeper early next week...

as i thought you again miss reading/miss interpreting whats written... not the first time and i can gtd it wont be the last

there you go. i will print the quote from warnie just to make it easier for you to read

“I have a lot of time for him. He’s a good senior head and he was a big part of Marek Rodak’s progression last season because he pushed him. People who come and watch us train on a daily basis would always probably say he’s the best shot stopper we've got.

"Lewis is a top professional and there is always a future for people like that at this club. He can compete for the number one jersey and if he has to play a few games here and there – and he's played at this level – then it's not a problem for him. He is still young in comparative terms for goalkeepers. He likes it here.”

[QUOTE=caytonmiller;38939454]
    Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Part of having a discussion is having opinions, I didn't agree with yours so gave mine, you don't agree with mine so you gave yours, /QUOTE]

i agree, you did give your opinion but you also told me mine was irrelevant. im happy for anyone to give there opinion and im happy to discuss threads. something i never do is tell people there opinion is wrong. unless its millertop cos he knows why hes wrong .. no one has still told me why signing price is a good move..
    Maybe it's a good move because PW is expecting the Rodak deal to go through and he doesn't want 3 'young' keepers on the books. If the deal falls through he has an experienced keeper 'just in case' while he looks for another in the mould of Rodak e.g. a young keeper to be No 1 who would benefit from an experienced No 2.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast