Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Thread: Scott Hogan

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    as bulmer usually says shows how much i know lol agree with 58 f**ck em we move on to other targets their messing with the wrong manager im afraid

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    maybe sam baldock and adam armstrong the next 2 on tuftys list ?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    17,013
    It's goin to be their loss in the long run can I cross these next 2 off the list now you've mentioned em SOB

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    3,229
    its hardly breaking my heart that they're not coming

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    why bulmer baldock could be a bit of a risk fitness wise but i think armstrong is a very interesting type of striker who would you go for ?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    17,013
    I meant cross them off as you had given them the kiss of death by identifying them a bit like when benny champions a player who then fades into obscurity

    I ain't got time to think about who we should get pal even if I did I doubt those that do get paid to do it would listen

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    haha suppose your right bulmer way its going with these agents again looks like we might be back to league 1 strikers and trying to develop em mind as ive said on another thread at some point were gonna have to up our wage structure if were to keep up with other teams and compete

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,188
    Hahaha hahaha
    They both want more than fourpence ha'penny a week so the club sh@ts itself and all this after selling a player for £12 million and getting another half a dozen off the wage bill

    And our dopey fans agree

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Hahaha hahaha
    They both want more than fourpence ha'penny a week so the club sh@ts itself and all this after selling a player for £12 million and getting another half a dozen off the wage bill

    And our dopey fans agree
    While I agree with some of what you’ve said JJ, I don’t know what drives you to post so much when you’ve obviously given up on the club and by your own admission found better things to do with your time. It’s pointless laughing at others mate, like I’ve said before, people on here have their own set views on the club and its owners and nothing you say will change it, just like they won’t change yours.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,188
    Laughing at them is all that's left
    I find the pathetic amateurish nature of our 9 millionth boardroom in a row hilarious

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    both asking too much in wages, gallagher is phuckin us about and wilder is just about ready to tell him to phuck of. hogan unless he drops his wage demands not a preyer of coming. the liverpool lad is deffo on the radar. theres a few others hes asked about,but as of yet nowt concrete. just a little tit bit .maguire as booked and paid for 4 of his mates to fly out to world cup all blades loljammy gits
    I suppose itís a matter of perception.

    Is Gallagher messing us about or are we attempting to shop at Waitrose with a Tescoís Budget?

    Is the possibility of upsetting Billy or Leon diminishing our ability to get these deals done? With Norrington-Davies, Slater and Ched due to join the other 8 out the door and 12m in for Brooks, the wiggle room must have been made.

    Are we willing to pay market rates to get the required quality?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagneblade View Post
    Are we willing to pay market rates to get the required quality?
    Or are we choosing our £1 loaf of bread to find that its actually £4.50 at the check-out..? We're hungry and its payday, so we might pay £2, but £4.50?? So what do we do, pay up or put it back and try somewhere else?

    There's lots of mad money getting spent and lots of mad and desperate owners who'll risk it for success. Just because others are happy to chuck it down the bottomless bucket, doesn't mean we have to follow them. I freely acknowledge that there are limits to our 'finding rough diamonds' policy. The 'Value for money' argument in sticking with entirely British players appears to be busted.

    Not as easy as it looks, this transfer lark...

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,437
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    While I agree with some of what you’ve said JJ, I don’t know what drives you to post so much when you’ve obviously given up on the club and by your own admission found better things to do with your time. It’s pointless laughing at others mate, like I’ve said before, people on here have their own set views on the club and its owners and nothing you say will change it, just like they won’t change yours.
    Gray i wunt think there's a BLADE who aint frustrated by the lack of activity into BDBL but ya just know the fans doin most of the moanin will be the ones slammin the club for payin over the odds if moves dunt work out,but as always mi owd pal Opinions opninions.UTCB

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagneblade View Post
    I suppose it’s a matter of perception.

    Is Gallagher messing us about or are we attempting to shop at Waitrose with a Tesco’s Budget?

    Is the possibility of upsetting Billy or Leon diminishing our ability to get these deals done? With Norrington-Davies, Slater and Ched due to join the other 8 out the door and 12m in for Brooks, the wiggle room must have been made.

    Are we willing to pay market rates to get the required quality?
    Let's not get carried away here...........Gallagher's more of a Sainsburys Taste the Difference player surely?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    the thing is jj your only half right yes personally i think we have to be prepared to pay higher salaries for higher class players but chris wilder doesnt want to upset the team spirit and togertherness in the squad which he has created by paying some players double that others are on youve only got to look across the city to see how well that scenario has worked out its a dilemma i know but i trust the manager to do whats best for the club utb ftp

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,188
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Gray i wunt think there's a BLADE who aint frustrated by the lack of activity into BDBL but ya just know the fans doin most of the moanin will be the ones slammin the club for payin over the odds if moves dunt work out,but as always mi owd pal Opinions opninions.UTCB

    We'll never know will we

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    687
    You can pay higher rates and get the quality required. Thats good business. Not everyone has to be a gamble. Sometimes they just simply cost more. We need to break the barrier if we are going to progress. Simple. We canít get over the finish line otherwise. Last season proved that.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagneblade View Post
    I suppose itís a matter of perception.

    Is Gallagher messing us about or are we attempting to shop at Waitrose with a Tescoís Budget?

    Is the possibility of upsetting Billy or Leon diminishing our ability to get these deals done? With Norrington-Davies, Slater and Ched due to join the other 8 out the door and 12m in for Brooks, the wiggle room must have been made.

    Are we willing to pay market rates to get the required quality?


    Yes,
    Gallagher, and Hogan for that matter receive a certain amount of money
    They won't be coming here for less either permanent or on loan

    Their clubs won't let them go out on loan to a club that won't make up a sizeable percentage of their wages

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,437
    Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    You can pay higher rates and get the quality required. Thats good business. Not everyone has to be a gamble. Sometimes they just simply cost more. We need to break the barrier if we are going to progress. Simple. We canít get over the finish line otherwise. Last season proved that.
    All transfer are gambles,look at some of the talent Chelski have let go for relative peanuts and where they are nar ie; DeBruyne,Salah etc;Even gr8 managers like Sir Alex Ferguson dint get it r8 all the time. Some moves work out some dunt. UTCB

  20. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    we need an inbetween compromise on salaries no were not going to pay stupid money as the pigs and other clubs have done and failed but we do have to up our pay scale if we want to bring the players in to give us that final push towards the premier league and the other players in the squad are going to have to accept that this has to happen if we are to progress and it may well have to apply to us fans as well we might have to pay more at the gates to help the club in this process utb ftp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •