+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    .... it may well have to apply to us fans as well we might have to pay more at the gates to help the club in this process utb ftp
    I don't see this argument, although the Tunaman has brainwashed the oinkers with it.

If we imagine that just a couple of average quality players for say £5m each plus wages of £25k a week, thats £2.6m a year. Put it all together over 3 years and its £18m give or take.

If you take an average (round numbers) crowd of 25,000, for 23 home games, thats 575,000 individual game attendances per season or 1.7m over 3 years. Divide one into the other and you get an increase in ticket prices of £10.58 per person, £240 on a season ticket. I know theres always the huge amount of profit from the extra pies and bovrils to consider , but do you think this is sustainable, and thats just for two average Championship players.

I know clubs do it, but the amount that squeezing the fans generates doesn't make a significant difference and eventually makes the clubs too elitist. The future of the club is kids and families, not the old crusties with index linked pensions who can afford to spend more. Short term thinking rarely does a business any favours. The oinkers will find this out in due course.

From my point of view, owning a football club is the Chairmans vanity project and money pit. Like buying a Rolls Royce, you can't bitch about the service cost and the mpg. If they bought it they did so knowing that it came with an ongoing requirement for more funds, and they shouldn't try to rinse the fans for £59 shirts made in some blokes garage, and squeeze it all out of the poor bloody supporter.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 13-07-2018 at 07:52 AM.

well fkb doesnt look like our 2 chuckle brothers are going to help us in the financial department does it

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    well fkb doesnt look like our 2 chuckle brothers are going to help us in the financial department does it
    ...and we wont pay £45 to go to a game, so we're knackered either way.

its as you say FKB - the attendance price isn't going to have a massive effect on our overall finances, so would suggest its kept low to keep fans on board - who will then spend money in incrementals......eg I'm thinking of purchasing a new Blades car sticker as current only starting to wilt in the heat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    its as you say FKB - the attendance price isn't going to have a massive effect on our overall finances, so would suggest its kept low to keep fans on board - who will then spend money in incrementals......eg I'm thinking of purchasing a new Blades car sticker as current only starting to wilt in the heat
    Chuffin Incrementals? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Not just car stickers! Think of all those extra Bovrils and Pies...!

we wouldnt put prices up to that level fkb just a point that i expect the club to come out with sooner rather than later our prices must be amongst the cheapest in the championship particulary cat b games and its a big thumbs up to king kev for keeping them affordable to normal working class people

The rather obvious fact that not all transfers work out really shouldn't be used as an excuse for us never to take a risk, but I'm as sure that it will as I am that certain fans will think that this is savvy business rather than self-defeating unwillingness to compromise.

In simply business terms we need to increase prices by a possible 10 percent. We cannot keep expecting KM and the Prince to just keep pumping money in. They simply do not have the finances. In football terms our joint chairmen are poor, add that to the stand off between them and the club is financially been strangled. I appreciate this will not be popular but that is realistically where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    In simply business terms we need to increase prices by a possible 10 percent. We cannot keep expecting KM and the Prince to just keep pumping money in. They simply do not have the finances. In football terms our joint chairmen are poor, add that to the stand off between them and the club is financially been strangled. I appreciate this will not be popular but that is realistically where we are.
    The Prince may be poor in football terms BFL, but his plan was to bring wealthy investors onboard when the time was right...whenever that is.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast