+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    both asking too much in wages, gallagher is phuckin us about and wilder is just about ready to tell him to phuck of. hogan unless he drops his wage demands not a preyer of coming. the liverpool lad is deffo on the radar. theres a few others hes asked about,but as of yet nowt concrete. just a little tit bit .maguire as booked and paid for 4 of his mates to fly out to world cup all blades loljammy gits
    I suppose it’s a matter of perception.

Is Gallagher messing us about or are we attempting to shop at Waitrose with a Tesco’s Budget?

Is the possibility of upsetting Billy or Leon diminishing our ability to get these deals done? With Norrington-Davies, Slater and Ched due to join the other 8 out the door and 12m in for Brooks, the wiggle room must have been made.

Are we willing to pay market rates to get the required quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagneblade View Post
    Or are we choosing our £1 loaf of bread to find that its actually £4.50 at the check-out..? We're hungry and its payday, so we might pay £2, but £4.50?? So what do we do, pay up or put it back and try somewhere else?

There's lots of mad money getting spent and lots of mad and desperate owners who'll risk it for success. Just because others are happy to chuck it down the bottomless bucket, doesn't mean we have to follow them. I freely acknowledge that there are limits to our 'finding rough diamonds' policy. The 'Value for money' argument in sticking with entirely British players appears to be busted.

Not as easy as it looks, this transfer lark...

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    While I agree with some of what you’ve said JJ, I don’t know what drives you to post so much when you’ve obviously given up on the club and by your own admission found better things to do with your time. It’s pointless laughing at others mate, like I’ve said before, people on here have their own set views on the club and its owners and nothing you say will change it, just like they won’t change yours.
    Gray i wunt think there's a BLADE who aint frustrated by the lack of activity into BDBL but ya just know the fans doin most of the moanin will be the ones slammin the club for payin over the odds if moves dunt work out,but as always mi owd pal Opinions opninions.UTCB

Is Gallagher messing us about or are we attempting to shop at Waitrose with a Tesco’s Budget?

Is the possibility of upsetting Billy or Leon diminishing our ability to get these deals done? With Norrington-Davies, Slater and Ched due to join the other 8 out the door and 12m in for Brooks, the wiggle room must have been made.

Let's not get carried away here...........Gallagher's more of a Sainsburys Taste the Difference player surely?

the thing is jj your only half right yes personally i think we have to be prepared to pay higher salaries for higher class players but chris wilder doesnt want to upset the team spirit and togertherness in the squad which he has created by paying some players double that others are on youve only got to look across the city to see how well that scenario has worked out its a dilemma i know but i trust the manager to do whats best for the club utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Gray i wunt think there's a BLADE who aint frustrated by the lack of activity into BDBL but ya just know the fans doin most of the moanin will be the ones slammin the club for payin over the odds if moves dunt work out,but as always mi owd pal Opinions opninions.UTCB

We'll never know will we

You can pay higher rates and get the quality required. Thats good business. Not everyone has to be a gamble. Sometimes they just simply cost more. We need to break the barrier if we are going to progress. Simple. We can’t get over the finish line otherwise. Last season proved that.

Yes,
    Gallagher, and Hogan for that matter receive a certain amount of money
    They won't be coming here for less either permanent or on loan

Their clubs won't let them go out on loan to a club that won't make up a sizeable percentage of their wages

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    You can pay higher rates and get the quality required. Thats good business. Not everyone has to be a gamble. Sometimes they just simply cost more. We need to break the barrier if we are going to progress. Simple. We can’t get over the finish line otherwise. Last season proved that.
    All transfer are gambles,look at some of the talent Chelski have let go for relative peanuts and where they are nar ie; DeBruyne,Salah etc;Even gr8 managers like Sir Alex Ferguson dint get it r8 all the time. Some moves work out some dunt. UTCB

we need an inbetween compromise on salaries no were not going to pay stupid money as the pigs and other clubs have done and failed but we do have to up our pay scale if we want to bring the players in to give us that final push towards the premier league and the other players in the squad are going to have to accept that this has to happen if we are to progress and it may well have to apply to us fans as well we might have to pay more at the gates to help the club in this process utb ftp

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast