+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another General Election..?

Another General Election..?

Cabinet resignations, Theresa May undermined and getting prepared to move house. Are we really ready for a possible third general election in just under 5 years?

Just shoot all of the useless bastids and be done with it.

What worries me Alto, even with this goddam awful motley collection of Tories, I still don't believe Labour can win with a big enough majority to form a government.

Cameron certainly jumped ship and sits serenely in the sunshine, just before we hit the Brexit iceberg!

The EU will be pissing themselves and rightly so, less than 12 months to go before we leave the EU and the govmnt are a f-ing joke who don't really care what happens to the country as long as they are alright and can't even agree on what we want. At this rate we will just be taking whatever the EU offers which will be sweet FA, we had a chance to leave and make a decent go of it if done right but this lot have just ****ed it up. another election will see a change of ruling party due to the plain to see ineptitude of the current numpties, will Labour or any other make a better job probably not with the timescale but they can't do any worse.

Even if Corbyn won an election within three months, he would still not have time to fix this mess.

The likeliest outcome I can envisage is somehow Johnson and Davis get control of the Tories and we have an all out hard Brexit.

The Remainers will be in meltdown!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Cabinet resignations, Theresa May undermined and getting prepared to move house. Are we really ready for a possible third general election in just under 5 years?
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Maybe a Tory leadership election though.

I make you right Whitty.

"Form a Government" BT ? Labour and the present lot have not got a clue, never in history has any of Britain's "Government" been for the people, but this lot and the one's waiting in the wings are well below poor.

Hitler committed suicide because he didn't want Soviets literally p!ssing and sh!ting on him while alive, this lot I would not give the time of day to, I used to be polite when they would come around knocking on my door for my vote with a sensible No Thank You, after this pathetic cheating Brexit lark they will not get any politeness from me, It will be Phuck Off !

A new party with the right ideas could take a huge chunk of the vote in a GE, this country is ripe for a major change in political direction as there is no real confidence in any of them, luckily we don't have a Hitler waiting in the wings, but if we did he would have had the EU bent over and lubed up by now.

It doesn't matter who is in charge, the fact of the matter is that we are a lone voice against 27 other countries, We will already be well committed to all sorts of contracts and laws which have been agreed well before the referendum vote was taken.
    That poses the question as to whether or not we will honour these commitments or decide not to do so, in which case, Brexit will be even harder because the EU may well choose to close borders and insist that the Irish border is closed which is what Brexiteers will be happy with because we will be able to stop all the immigration and take control, although goodness knows what will happenin Gibraltar.

The whole thing has been a total mess since day one and it will continue to be so until we eventually manage to leave under whatever arrangements.
    I don't think even Hitler fought against 27 countries on his own and it took 6 years to work that one out and we needed quite a substantial amount of help to do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)