+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stocksbridge away

Stocksbridge away

Match report

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/jul...bridge-report/

Be interested to hear the thoughts of those that went

The report is pretty fair.
    I thought United rather overdid the intricate passing in and around Stocky’s area instead of having a shot, but it was a friendly. Hopefully in the league, they will be more willing to have a go from 20-30 yards, rather than trying to score the “perfect” goal.
    Billy looked fit and raring to go, and scored 2 well taken goals.
    Your protege Tyler Smith showed his striker’s instinct, being first to a loose ball to get an “easy” goal, but it was at the far end, so I can’t really say how good or not it was.
    Overall, a decent work out on an evening where it was actually pleasantly warm up at Stocksbridge, and (especially for you BD) the 1300 plus crowd included a number of rather attractive young ladies!

When you say young ladies Ron do you mean young in general or young to you cos that could be an oaps outing

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    When you say young ladies Ron do you mean young in general or young to you cos that could be an oaps outing
    That's a very good point Bully,obviously we only got a brief report because Ronald was keeping his eye on the young fillies in the stands,rather than watching the action on the pitch.

Bladesmads very own Valentino is our Ronald

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Late ****s to late 20’s. The weather was warm, so clothing was fairly minimal. Naturally, during play my entire focus was on the game. Half time and full time though.............. well it was difficult not to notice - and at my age, nostalgia is a wonderful thing! (In fact, it’s the ONLY thing).

Valentino Rossi you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That's a very good point Bully,obviously we only got a brief report because Ronald was keeping his eye on the young fillies in the stands,rather than watching the action on the pitch.

Bladesmads very own Valentino is our Ronald

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Late ****s to late 20’s. The weather was warm, so clothing was fairly minimal. Naturally, during play my entire focus was on the game. Half time and full time though.............. well it was difficult not to notice - and at my age, nostalgia is a wonderful thing! (In fact, it’s the ONLY thing).
    Where young ladies are concerned, all men end up like dogs who chase cars. In the unlikely event we could catch one, we wouldn't be able to drive it...

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Valentino Rossi you mean.
    I wish! I even had to give up my motorbike a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Apparently cries of "Cmon you Rams" were heard when we were attacking the other end That Home shirt gets worse every time you see it.
    One consolation for thi mate,it'll be a new kit next season.UTCB