+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCFC and SISU

CCFC and SISU

I see Coventry's owners SISU have cashed in McNulty who’s signed for Reading. Seems he wasn't prepared to hang on until The Sky Blues made it into the Prem.

Can see them dropping down again, which will be funny. They're owned by a hedge fund, can't see them reinvesting the McNulty money and he was one of the reasons they scrapped into the playoffs on top of Mansfield's dip in form.

Mcnulty was always going to leave and maybe Bayliss and Grimmer will go as well. Would love to see them go down, sorry chaventry.

They need a well-intentioned Benny factor.

In the next 12months...…..England win the world cup...…..Notts get promoted...…..Chaventry get relegated. Wow !

He was always going to move though, regardless of Coventry's owners. For my money he was the best player in L2 last year - light years better than any of our players. Better to cash in now than let him walk for free when his contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He was always going to move though, regardless of Coventry's owners. For my money he was the best player in L2 last year - light years better than any of our players. Better to cash in now than let him walk for free when his contract expires.
    Of course it would be poetic justice if we went up and they went down again. But let's just concentrate on living up to our own hype first.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Of course it would be poetic justice if we went up and they went down again. But let's just concentrate on living up to our own hype first.
    Don't you just hate the voice of reason.

I was as annoyed as anyone by their fans after they beat us in the playoffs. Especially the ones who were on here.

However, you have to sympathise with them too. They can't be an easy team to support. Their owners seem to be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I was as annoyed as anyone by their fans after they beat us in the playoffs. Especially the ones who were on here.

However, you have to sympathise with them too. They can't be an easy team to support. Their owners seem to be awful.
    As a youngster (70s) me and my mates always used to lament how boring it would be to support a club like Coventry … seems some things will never change.