+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Welsh and Anti England Brigade

The Welsh and Anti England Brigade

For anyone that lives in Wales (probably not many from this board) will have pretty much have experienced the unfriendly attitudes when England are in a Tournament. I've said before how the local media tries to fire up as many of the locals here by constantly reminding Welsh fans of how (apparent) arrogant England fans are when it comes these tournaments. I must admit it is unbearable at times to hear such a one sided view about England. Throughout the tournament Welsh fans will say "I'd like England to do well" then the moment England are out they'll be laughing and cheering out exit. Almost as if they play a jinx on themselves. Remember that Gareth Bale and the team celebrating Englands exit to Iceland - I really hope Gareth Southgate or someone from the camp plays that celebration video to them. The Welsh bang on so much about England yet they had a victory parade for making the semis of the Euros, they had an open to bus with players at the top deck empty handed. Someone explain that to me.

So the Welsh are allowed to dream but when England do, you get so many snide remarks.. ready pounce at the opportunity to mock England.

Anyway rant over. Come on England.

Don't even mention the Anti England brigade up in Scotland.

I was sat in a Welsh pub earlier this year and they had a blackboard outside

1. Ireland
    2. Wales
    3.Scotland
    4. France
    5. What's missing
    6 Italy

I got a bit of paper and wrote

England 12 Wales 6 and stuck it on the board as I left.

You should try living over here in ‘good auld’ Ireland, some of the stuff is toxic .
    Now their history suggests that they have good reason for this hate, ya gotta love em tho, their bitterness holds no bounds. Even my Irish Wife and Welsh daughter will have a rant every now and then, bloody hilarious.
    Irish wife, Welsh daughter? Just doing my bit to purify the Celtic ‘Gene Pool’ .

We've lived in North Wales for nearly 14 years and we must have been very lucky, only been abused twice, once by an alchi. who was quickly put in his place by a Welsh friend I was with and the other time when I was watching England on the box in my local and this guy passed a derogatory comment, I asked him how Wales were doing, but before he could answer I said "Oh I forgot they didn't qualify did they" he looked most dejected and walked off

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I was sat in a Welsh pub earlier this year and they had a blackboard outside

1. Ireland
    2. Wales
    3.Scotland
    4. France
    5. What's missing
    6 Italy

I got a bit of paper and wrote

England 12 Wales 6 and stuck it on the board as I left.
    when I was working up in Holyhead on the ferry terminus there for three months,the locals well in one word nasty,in the the pubs you walk in and you opened your mouths.daggers. Then the Welsh was spoken.our digs the landlady was scouse married a Welshman, said to us one breakfast I hate it here.the thing is welsh ,Scots some Irish hate the English and the W@nkers think the rest of the world should .

The great thing about the English is that they love all the Welsh, the Scots, and the Irish. If only they loved us like we love them. Mind you, we get some interest comments about Scousers from other English people on here but it's okay disrespecting and hating them cause they're English and that's allowed.

Wales: The only positive is it shortens the ferry time to Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    For anyone that lives in Wales (probably not many from this board) will have pretty much have experienced the unfriendly attitudes when England are in a Tournament. I've said before how the local media tries to fire up as many of the locals here by constantly reminding Welsh fans of how (apparent) arrogant England fans are when it comes these tournaments. I must admit it is unbearable at times to hear such a one sided view about England. Throughout the tournament Welsh fans will say "I'd like England to do well" then the moment England are out they'll be laughing and cheering out exit. Almost as if they play a jinx on themselves. Remember that Gareth Bale and the team celebrating Englands exit to Iceland - I really hope Gareth Southgate or someone from the camp plays that celebration video to them. The Welsh bang on so much about England yet they had a victory parade for making the semis of the Euros, they had an open to bus with players at the top deck empty handed. Someone explain that to me.

So the Welsh are allowed to dream but when England do, you get so many snide remarks.. ready pounce at the opportunity to mock England.

Anyway rant over. Come on England.

Don't even mention the Anti England brigade up in Scotland.
    Must have been edited by a Welshman regis80...they took the 'p' again...

Its the same lads with the Scotch, and the Welsh, and the Oirish. Id be surprised and maybe even disappointed if they DID actually support us in these tournaments.
    However, theres a difference between the banter of being anti-Engerland, and all out bile and hatred. If some of those people want to be that way, then theres really no helping them and they arent worth it are they.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)