+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Notts vs Rolls Royce

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I was there that day! Got the programme somewhere. Anyone else from this board there?
    Wasn't that on the same pre-season tour where there was a horrendous injury to one of our players at Saltash??

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    It was indeed. I remember congratulating Danny Allsopp on his tally, and he was very put out that I'd miscounted by one. Did he get 5 that day?

It used to be so much fun planning trips away around preseason friendly tours, shame it's not like that these days. Have fairly hazy memories of being in Bideford for a match and there was a beer festival going on
    We were lucky in that me and my mates planned to spend time down in Cornwall anyway. So it was pretty much a perfect coincidence. I remember greeting all the Notts fans around Newquay with the customary 'YOU PIESSSS!' during the day. We even managed to 'YOU PIESSS' the Notts coach somewhere on the road near Watergate Bay

I seem to remember asking Danny Allsopp how many he got after the game, but I can't remember what the number was. Definitely at least five.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    quite sad to see the decline in talent within Hucknall, used to be a good standard footballing town.
    You are basing that assumption on what? That team yesterday. Try going down and watching the kids... there are some fabulous kids teams and individuals in Hucknall. The youth set up is top class.
    The number of players in amateur football has declined at an alarming rate across the county to the extent that the team you saw against Notts yesterday, won the TREBLE last season without being beaten. So what does that say about the rest of the County?

Yesterday was a run out, against a side from the local community. Something we all know AH and Notts want to forge closer links to. The lads that played against Notts yesterday will be telling there kids and grand kids about that experience for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Wasn't that on the same pre-season tour where there was a horrendous injury to one of our players at Saltash??
    Was that to Mike Edwards? It was just after we signed him, but I remember him getting a bad pre-season injury and being out for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Was that to Mike Edwards? It was just after we signed him, but I remember him getting a bad pre-season injury and being out for most of the season.
    Mike Edwards’ injury was against West Ham in the Carling Cup when he did his cruciate, a month into the season.

Highlights of the game, not the greatest angles;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAEtLWNfuM

Also some interesting words from Nolan post match;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbMOV_9iBo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456