+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone please kidnap Sterling......

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Yes, the spurs players bottled it again Al, but that's in their dna.

There is a word for it, they "spursed" it up.

Don't agree with you about Sterling, he has been terrible all tournament.

If running fast into opposition players and into blind alleys is his purpose then he's had a great tournament.

Sterling was a threat like Shane long is with pace and they could not cope. Kane did nothing and Dele Ali was shocking. I am not a fan of Sterling but Dele Ali would not be fit to lick his boots!

Henderson,Ali and Kane go missing for long periods. Trippier and Maguire our best players in this World cup. Vardey is finished. There's got be a better left back than Young. Overhaul did well to get this far.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Henderson,Ali and Kane go missing for long periods. Trippier and Maguire our best players in this World cup. Vardey is finished. There's got be a better left back than Young. Overhaul did well to get this far.
    Good post soul if i may just add to it Pickford had a good tournament he did nothing wrong ether .

Vardy, was very disappointing all wc, kane proved he's not world class.

Walker was immense and would be my top England player of the wc, followed by Pickford.

Trippier,Maguire and Henderson in that order for me.

Southgate got lots of plaudits but for me the inability to play Alli and Kane as close together as they do for Spurs was a tactical error on his part and he under used Rashford.

I’m a terrible watcher of games these days,I bottled most of it including the second half onwards but in that first half we played well and had chances.

Kane’s double chance and Lindgard’s effort from outside the box were goals for the taking,one more goal at that point and the game was done.

Footballers never learn though.

The absolute top notch players take those chances and nail the lid shut......we don’t.

To see us on the attack at the end of the first half and then end up passing back to Pickford which almost resulted in a goal was the sign for me that things were going wrong.

It was at that point after the missed chances we got timid and started to back off any try to hold on.

We lost what had been our strength,positivity.

We found fear again.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 11-07-2018 at 10:43 PM.

All players miss chances Mick. Problem is we create so few every one that we do create needs burying.
    There are several club sides (one in particular) who suffer from this.

Beaten by a better side on the night. England went further than many predicted. Same old same old when it goes wrong the pitch forks and scythe brigade leave the village to track down anyone they deem blameworthy.

Some were below par but they did their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Beaten by a better side on the night. England went further than many predicted. Same old same old when it goes wrong the pitch forks and scythe brigade leave the village to track down anyone they deem blameworthy.

Some were below par but they did their best.

Yes they did their best, but the better side won and showed us for what we are! We did well but nobody we beat were world beaters so lets face it and the first real quality side beat us and the difference in quality showed.

I do question though why Dele Ali kept playing as he did not shine in any match. Kane was poor and looked really tired so why did he not come off. Lingarde and Young too, were both poor! Sterling ( and no fan ) came off and to his credit he did look the biggest threat.

Had we beaten Croatia, then don't really think we could compete with France as they have top quality players, and sadly, we have players that gave 100% but none are what you would call world class!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Yes they did their best, but the better side won and showed us for what we are! We did well but nobody we beat were world beaters so lets face it and the first real quality side beat us and the difference in quality showed.

I do question though why Dele Ali kept playing as he did not shine in any match. Kane was poor and looked really tired so why did he not come off. Lingarde and Young too, were both poor! Sterling ( and no fan ) came off and to his credit he did look the biggest threat.

Had we beaten Croatia, then don't really think we could compete with France as they have top quality players, and sadly, we have players that gave 100% but none are what you would call world class!
    That Al, is about the long and short of it. Perhaps where the fault lies is with the Premier League and the money thrown at it. It attracts world class players from all over which in turn makes it exciting but this is clearly holding back young English footballers which in turn is affecting us at international level. This has been said time and again and I think it is correct.

Ah well always the Euro’s in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    That Al, is about the long and short of it. Perhaps where the fault lies is with the Premier League and the money thrown at it. It attracts world class players from all over which in turn makes it exciting but this is clearly holding back young English footballers which in turn is affecting us at international level. This has been said time and again and I think it is correct.

Ah well always the Euro’s in 2020.

100% agree with you! In many ways, I will miss the premier league but in other ways not so much greed in the championship, more excitement, better days out, and players who will give there all. Hopefully once we clear the players motivated by pound notes, Big Dave will have a settled squad. Will Big Dave do well - who knows but I genuinely like the fact he's West Brom through and through and it's in his DNA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)