+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albion promotion or England world cup win?

Albion promotion or England world cup win?

What's your choice?

I remember thinking last season, I'd take an FA Cup final win over Premier League survival such was my lack of interest in our current 'modern football' top division.

I'm going to put my nadgers on the block here and say, is the World Cup in danger of not being what it was? similarly with the FA Cup?
    Maybe I'm getting old, and I fear that's where the answer may lie but when we reached the semi's in Italia 90 the mood of the country was magical, I'm not quite feeling it I have to say. Not to say I'm not chuffed but some things in football just don't do it like they once did I find.

Promotion over the World Cup? Not much in it really, I suppose I'd take the World Cup as it's something in our lifetime that we may not see again.....

....then again, with our new owner that could be also applicable to the former too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    I remember thinking last season, I'd take an FA Cup final win over Premier League survival such was my lack of interest in our current 'modern football' top division.

I'm going to put my nadgers on the block here and say, is the World Cup in danger of not being what it was? similarly with the FA Cup?
    Maybe I'm getting old, and I fear that's where the answer may lie but when we reached the semi's in Italia 90 the mood of the country was magical, I'm not quite feeling it I have to say. Not to say I'm not chuffed but some things in football just don't do it like they once did I find.

Promotion over the World Cup? Not much in it really, I suppose I'd take the World Cup as it's something in our lifetime that we may not see again.....

....then again, with our new owner that could be also applicable to the former too!

I spend a huge amount watching the team, I love so it would have to be a West Brom promotion every day!

I want England to win like the next person, but over the team you love - no chance! I would also doubt whether any supporter ( who travels home and away ) would put their country before club.

If you are an armchair supporter and don't bother to watch your club much at a ground, then perhaps some would say England first!

World Cup for me.

My teams have won nothing in the 46 years I’ve been supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    World Cup for me.

My teams have won nothing in the 46 years I’ve been supporting.

That Swedish bird on the right was apparently in tears after the match and wants consoling!!!!

Each to their own Al. Sometimes being influenced by the moment makes the decision for you, sometimes investing all your time into something makes you want something different for a change, come August feelings will probably change again!

For the record, Iv just renewed my season ticket for the 28th season so no armchair fan here.

At the moment England have the better chance. I was 11 when we won it, love to see us win it again before i die.

Easy, Albion promotion 😎.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Each to their own Al. Sometimes being influenced by the moment makes the decision for you, sometimes investing all your time into something makes you want something different for a change, come August feelings will probably change again!

For the record, Iv just renewed my season ticket for the 28th season so no armchair fan here.

Exactly, as guessed from your posts you are a regular! Hard call though as we must get promotion but would absolutely love to see England win it! I could understand either choice but for me - it still must be promotion especially as the next World Cup is in the Far East.

Must say there will be a heroes welcome if they could win it, and think they can beat Croatia assuming they beat Russia! Glad it's gone to extra time though with injuries...........

Promotion and the FA cup will do for me. Used to watch England home and away. Gave up when to town drunk was given caps over Derick Stathen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)