+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Albion promotion or England world cup win?

England for me. If it happened just imagine how those Anti-England brigade would react.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Promotion and the FA cup will do for me. Used to watch England home and away. Gave up when to town drunk was given caps over Derick Stathen
    I assume you mean Kenny Sansom. Didn't know he had a drink problem then too.

Btw Al the next wc is in the middle east not far east so you won't bump into lai if you decide to go.

WC for me its been a long long wait for a second win

Anyone on here went to the Kings Picture house to see it in colour the week after. It was black and white on the tele.

Promotion and the FA cup will do for me. Used to watch England home and away. Gave up when to town drunk was given caps over Derick Stathen
    Not fit to lace Statham’s boots!

Sansom was a stiff lard a r s e,a podgy old fashioned defender.

Put it this way,if Statham was around now Ashley Young would be on holiday and Danny Rose would still be on the bench.

I still seethe now whenever this debate comes up!!

Same when you think about Peter Withe and Paul Mariner having England caps whilst Regis could hardly get a kick.

Didn’t Tony Brown get one cap!!?

Laughable.

I believe Geoff Thomas played for England and Lee Hendrie.

Ian Hamilton was robbed.

I was at wembley when geoff thomas nearly hit the corner flag with a shot against France.

Donkey.

David nugent and michael ricketts have England caps too.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I assume you mean Kenny Sansom. Didn't know he had a drink problem then too.

Btw Al the next wc is in the middle east not far east so you won't bump into lai if you decide to go.

WTF - meant to say Middle East as Dubai is my favorite place ( not far away ) and there again soon. Not so sure about playing footie in that heat but nice for drinking beer.................

As the sun killed off the vagrant as it must be hot kipping on the dusty pavements?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I was at wembley when geoff thomas nearly hit the corner flag with a shot against France.

Donkey.

David nugent and michael ricketts have England caps too.
    Nugent plays like he’s got ricketts!

Anyone on here went to the Kings Picture house to see it in colour the week after. It was black and white on the tele.
    Soulman, are you referring to Kings Cinema in West Brom town centre? Is that still there? I can’t remember if it went when the new bus station was being built. I have not been in the town centre in yonks and that certainly has brought back some memories.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Soulman, are you referring to Kings Cinema in West Brom town centre? Is that still there? I can’t remember if it went when the new bus station was being built. I have not been in the town centre in yonks and that certainly has brought back some memories.
    The old Kings picture house which was in Paradise st,was knocked down when they built the shopping centre. It was replaced by one of the ist multi screens with a night club underneath. My best brought it for a song it also came with 2 shops, renaimed the night club to be called Nickleby's and rented the picture house back to the owner. He later sold it for well over a million. The building is now a pound land type shop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)