+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Albion promotion or England world cup win?

Both.

I'd take England winning the World Cup over promotion but Albion winning the F.A. Cup over the World cup. I would take Albion winning the Prem over either of them but that ain't gonna happen!

England to win WC for me, even more so as I backed them at 16/1 to win it before the tournament. Still think Belgium will most probably win but anyway still living in hope!!!

It seems as though that once in a blue moon a club like Blackburn and Leicester (or even us one day) can/could be Premiership Champions but it is highly unlikely. When the Top 6 have so much wealth compared to us - we simply cannot compete.

Promotion for me.
    Over recent years I’ve lost some interest in the FA cup, so maybe WC over that?

I'm baffled that some would prefer a World Cup to Albion promotion. Absolutely baffled 'cos I assumed everyone would want Promotion for the Albion above all else.

Whatever happens to England from now if Italia 90 is anything to go by there should be be a massive boost in interest in football.

Hopefully, we can get some of that new found interest in terms of St sales.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    I'm baffled that some would prefer a World Cup to Albion promotion. Absolutely baffled 'cos I assumed everyone would want Promotion for the Albion above all else.
    Albion will still be Albion no matter which league they play in.

England winning the World Cup would be something many have never experienced and those who like me were around to see the 1966 win (aged 14) are getting so old we don’t know if we will see another chance for England to win it.

Come on England.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    The problem with promotion is you end up in the greed league. You then appoint a manager to try to keep you in there. Said manager may well do that but at a cost to entertainment and enjoyment at matches. Eventually said manager will mess up and be sacked.
    The Championship is far more fun.

Albion winning the World Cup would be ideal.

Like Wolves fans reckon they did in the 50’s.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)