+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Salute England

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I am mate yes but if being honest is a crime then fine.I hope we win it but again as a football fans nobody's blown me away,no Brazil no Argentina no Spain no Germany,Italy,Holland did not even qualify.
    Bring honest? Crime? Pull yerself together old lad! France look brilliant. Belgium outclassed Brazil. One of these will prob win it as they are, from what i could see, currently, world class teams. But we're having a great ride for a change so just smile!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Bring honest? Crime? Pull yerself together old lad! France look brilliant. Belgium outclassed Brazil. One of these will prob win it as they are, from what i could see, currently, world class teams. But we're having a great ride for a change so just smile!
    Well I'm not frightened of Russia or Croatia for what I've seen,so Belgium or France in the final it is then.

Think its been one of the better world cups in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I am mate yes but if being honest is a crime then fine.I hope we win it but again as a football fans nobody's blown me away,no Brazil no Argentina no Spain no Germany,Italy,Holland did not even qualify.
    Why do you think all those team's have gone out? it's because they're not as good as the teams that beat them, they've been blown away, why arent you blown away with how England have done, or France and Belgium have impressed highly?

England are doing well without a doubt and regardless of their unexpected progress it’s been a good tournament.

Teams with a superstar but the rest of the team made up of average players have been found out.

VAR has highlighted that some of the superstars actually depend on diving, rolling and cheating to maintain their hyped up reputations.

The tournament has shown us that the Africa based teams are mainly padding to get more teams in the final.

The tournament has also shown us that thuggery is a major tactic with South American teams

We’ve learnt that listening to the British Brainwashing Corporation advice on what Russia is like was a mistake

We’ve learnt that the old guard TV pundits are still boring but the politically correct move to include more women wasn’t any better.

We still don’t know how VAR works, or what is or isn’t offside and whether or not a keeper is allowed to rush off his line to save a penalty

We’ve seen when Japan played that you can gain respect and admiration of millions by just playing honest football and having a go without diving.

We’ve been reminded that an England team of young lads wanting to put a shift in and that have pride in wearing the shirt is better than going through the motions with old war horses like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry

We’ve learnt that given a catalyst the nation can pull together, be happy and generally survive the miserable dross the media usually feeds us.

Is it coming home?

Maybe, just maybe.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night Victor.

I have this recurring nightmare that I'm sitting next to you on a long haul flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    I keep waking up in the middle of the night Victor.

I have this recurring nightmare that I'm sitting next to you on a long haul flight.
    Always thought you needed therapy

Is there any reason why we can't now go on and win it ?

Absolutely not .

Are we the best team in the world ?

No we aren't .

We could just have enough and have a slice of lady luck to be the team still left in this tournament that can win it .

That's all this tournament is , survival , attrition , lady luck and momentum .

To find the best side side in the world you'd have to play 38 games each season home and away against country's like Argentina , Brazil , Mexico , Spain , Germany , Italy , Holland etc etc to find the true champion of the world .

It's 4 weeks and 7 matches max .

Let The Lion Roar

Very proud! I'd got used to the fact we weren't good enough anymore, and while I'd always be disappointed to go out in a quarter final, just reaching one would have done. Now it feels like we're finally back as a force in world football and it's not felt like this for a very long time.
    Croatia will be tough but we might now have the Russian support seeing as we're playing the team that just knocked them out.
    I believe we will reach the final.
    On and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Very proud! I'd got used to the fact we weren't good enough anymore, and while I'd always be disappointed to go out in a quarter final, just reaching one would have done. Now it feels like we're finally back as a force in world football and it's not felt like this for a very long time.
    Croatia will be tough but we might now have the Russian support seeing as we're playing the team that just knocked them out.
    I believe we will reach the final.
    On and on...
    I'm confident we will make the final , I'm not saying we will win but there's something in the air that says this team are going all the way and writing their own history .

If we lose the final then fair enough but just to see England walk out next sunday in a World Cup Final does it for me .

Of course I want us to bring it home but just to make the final would be immense .

Let The Lion Roar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast