+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Croatia positive vibes thread

No sour grapes but I do think France will win 3,4 nil in the Final.

The Millers came back from bitter experience - think England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 will as well

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Better team won, but I think France will take them to the cleaners
    Better team are more experienced,in the first half we bossed it but let them back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Gutted we gave that away.

Threw it away. At least they look shattered and disappointed when previous squads didn’t

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;

The players have to learn from it and more importantly the manager has to stop picking what looks increasingly like a mates team.

Providing Southgate is still there of course

England have done better than expected before the tournament started. Lack of goals from open play always looked like it could be a problem. Surprisingly, the "oldies" Croatia actually had more stamina than Engalnd's "youngsters" as the game progressed, despite their previous two extra-time games. If England had put another first-half chance away, Croatia might have lost heart, but that didn't happen.

Croatia has 4 million people, 1 million less than Scotland, how come Croatia are so much better?

Well done to England, as pointed out no real creative midfielder ATM and Lingard, Sterling and Rashford, maybe they'll become better finishers as they get older but weren't tonight but then neither was Kane this time (and was playing too deep).

Thought Stones was the best player until his error for the goal but he's always prone to make at least one howler.

Young and Walker were both poor IMO.

Oddly, don’t we now get a repeat of England reserves v Belgium reserves in the third place playoff?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    England have done better than expected before the tournament started. Lack of goals from open play always looked like it could be a problem. Surprisingly, the "oldies" Croatia actually had more stamina than Engalnd's "youngsters" as the game progressed, despite their previous two extra-time games. If England had put another first-half chance away, Croatia might have lost heart, but that didn't happen.
    No Winter break in England, but it's coming so maybe stamina-wise will be better in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Oddly, don’t we now get a repeat of England reserves v Belgium reserves in the third place playoff?
    It will be a chance for the players who haven't played to get a game so different line-ups probably but some of the same players yes.

Best team won but I think we would have buried them if we had scored a 2nd when on top.

For all the abuse he gets I haven't seen any of the alternatives offer anything better than Stirling. I bet our opponents defenders were glad whenever he was subbed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast