+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: England v Croatia positive vibes thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And that includes the manager.

Like we’ve said a few times about the Millers, no plan B

Our lack of shots on target (can remember 1) says it all.

Cheerio, it’s not coming home because we lost the ticket.

Best team won for me if I’m honest they passed well and their manager had us worked out.
    Stat came up near the end, Croatia 7 shots, England 1.

They do have good players though playing for top teams, some of our players often start on the bench.

You know it’s not going well when Pickford had the ball more times than Alli

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Best team won but I think we would have buried them if we had scored a 2nd when on top.

For all the abuse he gets I haven't seen any of the alternatives offer anything better than Stirling. I bet our opponents defenders were glad whenever he was subbed.
    Possibly Loftus-Cheek.

Shame we haven't got a Gerrard/ Lampard type player now.

You know it’s not going well when Pickford had the ball more times than Alli
    He was never fit really.

Did get that goal though.

Surpassed all expectations - they have players with more experience and who are regulars for Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus, Inter Milan...

no mugs and although I expect France to win, doubt it will be a complete walkover - France have looked strong all the time, and are the best side in the WC by a country mile

Threw it away. At least they look shattered and disappointed when previous squads didn’t

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;

The players have to learn from it and more importantly the manager has to stop picking what looks increasingly like a mates team.

Providing Southgate is still there of course
    I am fond of a few of his cakes.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 11-07-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Best team won but I think we would have buried them if we had scored a 2nd when on top.

For all the abuse he gets I haven't seen any of the alternatives offer anything better than Stirling. I bet our opponents defenders were glad whenever he was subbed.
    You haven’t seen any of the alternatives because Southgate hasn’t used them other than a few 10 to 15 minute late subs.

We were predictable and plodding, the Croatia manager set his team up to nullify the system he knew England would play, and the team he knew Southgate would pick.

Look lets be realistic. Croatia has a population of just over 4 million. We were up against it from the start.

One positive note, we’re in a better position now than when that last crook of a manager got the boot.

Very disappointing after the first half and the best team won. Never mind, they did very well to get to the semis, much better than expected. I'm not as gutted as I thought I would be. If the Millers had lost the play-off final I would have been devastated. Good world cup but now - bring on Brentford!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast