+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Inverness on Wedesday

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think we can now put to bed the idea of Gleeson being a hard man in midfield....the toughest friendly match we have played so far and he hobbles off injured in a lot of pain.
    Nothing against the guy but welcome to Scotland, this is the type of football you will be up against most weeks.
    An injury is an injury. You are making it sound like the guy hobbled off in tears, sucking his thumb while grabbing his comfort blanket from the physio.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    W4dr33rs3wfewt5ee4g6f5fd5f3wfrgr56gu4r5s42wfrfwtw3 f2w
    I concur

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    An injury is an injury. You are making it sound like the guy hobbled off in tears, sucking his thumb while grabbing his comfort blanket from the physio.
    Also, the RedTV footage shows him reaching down to hold his injured leg only after the ball's in the net for Saints' equaliser, and there is no physical contact between him and any player during the move, suggesting a strain rather than the inference that he's come off second best in a tackle, for which there is no evidence in the build-up to the goal..

Still, why miss the opportunity to put the metaphorical boot into the boy?

As the poster said elsewhere, "it's the Aberdeen way".

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/3078 (from about 2' 02")

I see absolute no problem to cancelling a friendly, if it was a must play match we would have a decent team to pick from, why bother risking more injuries in a meaningless game against a physical side? I also think Gleeson will be a good signing, av seen bits of him before and see no reason that he will be a dud as RJ has already decided. Forrester got a wee strain which he will recover from probably before Cove game, Cosgrove sounds like a kick to calf which will be fine in a week and they are unsure on the extent of Gleeson injury. We have 2 and a half weeks til 1st proper game which is plenty of time to get players in, there is no point in signing players for the sake of it which i feel we did with a number of players last year. If 2 weeks today we still have no more signings and have more injuries then feel free te piss yer punts but til then calm doon.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Also, the RedTV footage shows him reaching down to hold his injured leg only after the ball's in the net for Saints' equaliser, and there is no physical contact between him and any player during the move, suggesting a strain rather than the inference that he's come off second best in a tackle, for which there is no evidence in the build-up to the goal..

Still, why miss the opportunity to put the metaphorical boot into the boy?

As the poster said elsewhere, "it's the Aberdeen way".

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/3078 (from about 2' 02")
    Also, the bloke has played a couple of hundred games in the English championship, which is a physically demanding league.
    46 league games each season, barely as spare midweek.

He might well be decent and a strong midfield player but I genuinely don’t think so. Pulling up with a knock and asking to be subbed against St.Johnstone in a friendly match doesn’t fill me with much confidence.
    I will love to be proved wrong but don’t expect me to be overly impressed quickly by some reject signing from the English leagues.
    The young lad Ferguson has more about him so far and he is only 18....says it all really.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234