+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France

Tour de France

Anyway mon ami, more important things to discuss, who's going to win le Tour, I reckon Quintana could get his nose put out of joint by that domo they've signed from Sky. He played second fiddle to Froome, I'm not convinced he will for Quintana, unless Quintana can prove he's the stronger, and I doubt he can.

Mikel Landa is a Movistar....but will he upstage the leading man - it's all in the preparation.

I can't imagine Landa would have signed for Movistar if he hadn't been promised he'd be off the leash in the Tour. What they have told Quintana is another matter, but if I was he, I'd be very twitchy about my position in the pecking order for this race. I'll be having a little bet on Landa to win this, but not with our shirt sponsors you'll be pleased to know.

I dont know - Sinkov - but if Landa was brought in to be his no1 Dom...then Quintana couldn't have better to pull him along - as you say, Landa can go all the way, so Nairo has to be up for it - otherwise, there's only one way and it's back.

Also illogical is Landa going to Movistar as a domo for Quintana, that was the very situation he wanted to escape from at Sky, and there is no doubt he considers himself a potential Tour winner. Maybe Quintana thinks he's still the number 1, maybe Movistar have told him he's still the number 1, but the management of a Spanish cycling team can be even more cynical than your average Colombian footballer. My money's on Landa.

Copied the above from another thread where it was out of place.

Big moves already on the first day, which isn't supposed to happen. Quintana lost 1.15, Froome and Porte lost 0.51, while my man Landa was safely in the bunch finish.

This morning the bookies haven't responded much, Landa is in to 9/1 from 10/1 so I've backed him again, doubled my stake. In a race as long as this the times are probably irrelevant at this early stage, but what I don't think the bookies have picked up on is the relevance of Quintana's time loss to their plans for the race, with Landa now having the drop on Quintana, Froome and Porte, it's settled one major unknown, who is Movistar's protected rider. Landa is now Movistar's big hope for the race, he's not going to be expected to give up that lead over Porte and Froome to help Quintana, he's never a 9/1 or 10/ shot for this race now, he should be one of the short priced favourites.

one missed - from the other thread.

maybe not ready to be a team leader just yet....anyway, will be an interesting watch, seeing him in the big one without the Sky injection - and he'll need to better his TT - I think he's about equal with Quintana there ?
    out of interest - results of Suisse Tour - Porte won it.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race...de-suisse/2018

team time trial tomorrow - should be interesting....then it should be fairly straightforward with 3 flats and a couple of hill stages before....the treacherous stage 9 Roubaix cobbles - then we hit the mounntains.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

one missed - from the other thread.

maybe not ready to be a team leader just yet....anyway, will be an interesting watch, seeing him in the big one without the Sky injection - and he'll need to better his TT - I think he's about equal with Quintana there ?
    out of interest - results of Suisse Tour - Porte won it.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race...de-suisse/2018

team time trial tomorrow - should be interesting....then it should be fairly straightforward with 3 flats and a couple of hill stages before....the treacherous stage 9 Roubaix cobbles - then we hit the mounntains.

All I need to know is which p i ss-e-d up drugged Apache is representing us...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    nothing so primitive BT.....there's highly paid chemical magicians involved - all about timing and concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No one is representing us BT, pure hard driven sportsmen these lads, they're racing for the money. Thought you'd know that.

Sorry norder, don't know how I missed your other contribution, it wasn't intentional. Interesting to see Preston's Hugh Carthy finish 18th in that Swiss race, he keeps plugging away, he's still only 23, he could end up playing with the big boys yet.

stage 10 - first (Alps) mountain stage - and it's Julian Alaphilippe (quick-step) that takes it - WOW what a ride !...with Greg Van Avermaet coming in behind him to retain yellow and stretched his lead over the peleton and the main GC rivals - who were leisurely paced along by the controlling power of sky train - and who didn't really care about what was going on up ahead because they're not really considered a threat - but it makes for good TV and gives some others a liittle time in the limelight.

next up - Stage 11...Albertville - La Rosière 108,5 km.

lets hope for something interesting - but don't hold your breath !

I'm a bit peeved Norder, besides my each-way bet on Landa I also had a head to head bet, the price for Landa to finish in front of Thomas was too good to miss. I was convinced Landa would be the star of Movistar, while Thomas would have to ride for Froome, and besides G falls off in every race he takes part in doesn't he. So on a flat stage with no dangers around him, Landa takes a swig from his bottle, hits a pot hole or something, and splatters himself all over the tarmac. I really despair sometimes !!

Happens to my nags all the time sinkov.

Glenn Hoddle has us worked out BT, we must have been bad people in a previous life.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)