+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: View from a Welshman

View from a Welshman

For the first time in a long, long time, an England team has gone to a world cup campaign without all the hype about superstars, wags and metatarsels or whatever they are called. You have a great bunch of hard working players who like the manager, and are doing their best for him out on the park. As we failed (as usual) to qualify, I have been firmly behind England and am pleased you've progressed. I was in Corfu last week and even had a heated debate with some Jocks, I had to explain that no real football fan in the world watching that scum Columbia side, would be wanting them to go through, though you can't reason with pissed up Jocks. Croatia will be difficult, and whoever gets through the other semi will be more difficult, but you've got a great chance. Believe it or not, most of us in my local will be giving you a cheer. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection View Post
    For the first time in a long, long time, an England team has gone to a world cup campaign without all the hype about superstars, wags and metatarsels or whatever they are called. You have a great bunch of hard working players who like the manager, and are doing their best for him out on the park. As we failed (as usual) to qualify, I have been firmly behind England and am pleased you've progressed. I was in Corfu last week and even had a heated debate with some Jocks, I had to explain that no real football fan in the world watching that scum Columbia side, would be wanting them to go through, though you can't reason with pissed up Jocks. Croatia will be difficult, and whoever gets through the other semi will be more difficult, but you've got a great chance. Believe it or not, most of us in my local will be giving you a cheer. Good luck.

They "jocks " you mentioned are either Tims or Yes voting fannys. The rest of us Scots love the Union and are British.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab_The_Ger View Post
    They "jocks " you mentioned are either Tims or Yes voting fannys. The rest of us Scots love the Union and are British.
    My mistake mate, but it was a heated debate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection View Post
    My mistake mate, but it was a heated debate lol.
    **** the tims buddy but hats ofdf to you for taking the time to post about England and yes I agree with you. All the hype of old killed it but with a young squad who are not too far up their own arses (yet) it could be coming home and by coming home I do mean to British shores

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    **** the tims buddy but hats ofdf to you for taking the time to post about England and yes I agree with you. All the hype of old killed it but with a young squad who are not too far up their own arses (yet) it could be coming home and by coming home I do mean to British shores
    Could not have put it better Gaz, I know a few Welshmen and some are disinterested but mainly they would like to see England win. It is a shame when you think of all the great welsh footballers past and present but have not been able to grace the World stage.

As for the Jocks I would like to see them qualify for the big tournaments so they can be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Could not have put it better Gaz, I know a few Welshmen and some are disinterested but mainly they would like to see England win. It is a shame when you think of all the great welsh footballers past and present but have not been able to grace the World stage.

As for the Jocks I would like to see them qualify for the big tournaments so they can be positive.
    Nice one Claw, I was a bit aheeem under the weather ... hih hic .. when I wrote it haha
    Wales have had and still do have some great players. Back in the day Swindon had quite a few Welsh players and are legends here.

The gap for Scotland is getting wider and it due to the set up and not the players ability ... (I'm sure someone will critique that but I can't think how best to word it)

I think I've found a vid of Tricky

Nice one Claw, I was a bit aheeem under the weather ... hih hic .. when I wrote it haha
    Wales have had and still do have some great players. Back in the day Swindon had quite a few Welsh players and are legends here.

The gap for Scotland is getting wider and it due to the set up and not the players ability ... (I'm sure someone will critique that but I can't think how best to word it)

I think I've found a vid of Tricky
    I like that Gaz i like it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1966 View Post
    i like that gaz i like it a lot xd
    :d
    Name:  .....................................................jpg
Views: 158
Size:  25.0 KB

:d
    Name:  .....................................................jpg
Views: 158
Size:  25.0 KB
    Gaz i was born in the capital of England yet never shagged the Irish band the Corrs.
    Obviously not the male guy as a hard brown is not my thing.
    An easy pink well yes

Phwoar not Alf to them Trick sad Debs passed so you
    Last edited by gaz1959; 09-07-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast