Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Palmerston Clean Up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,580

    Palmerston Clean Up

    Around 20-25 folk put in a great shift today . Weeding , sweeping and shovelling and painting the crush barriers among things that were done . Special mention to a man , wife and daughter ( sorry , didn't catch their names) who came from NEWCASTLE to help with the tidy up .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,230
    The SLO committee would like to thank all those supporters who gave up their spare time today to help with the Palmerston Park tidy up.

    Without your continual help and support these projects wouldn’t be possible.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Around 20-25 folk put in a great shift today . Weeding , sweeping and shovelling and painting the crush barriers among things that were done . Special mention to a man , wife and daughter ( sorry , didn't catch their names) who came from NEWCASTLE to help with the tidy up .

    Thank you for your help JRS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Thank you for your help JRS
    Huge respect to the fans who turned up today to toil away in the high temperature - there may have been others
    but I personally saw lads and lasses from the Queens Trust, Travel Club, New Bazaar Doonhamers, Devorgilla Doonhamers and the Globe (Howff) Doonhamers. It must be difficult for Queens to keep on top of the cleaning
    as the Lesser Black Back and Herring gulls cover everything in their s hit !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Huge respect to the fans who turned up today to toil away in the high temperature - there may have been others
    but I personally saw lads and lasses from the Queens Trust, Travel Club, New Bazaar Doonhamers, Devorgilla Doonhamers and the Globe (Howff) Doonhamers. It must be difficult for Queens to keep on top of the cleaning
    as the Lesser Black Back and Herring gulls cover everything in their s hit !
    What about serving seagull kebabs at the pie hut ? Get rid off the birds and make money for the club at the same time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,793
    As has been previously stated a very good turn out considering the heat nice to see a mixture of young and old mixing and working hard for the love of the club.We made a great difference to the covered terracing right along to the dug outs and also started the Terregles street end with a few more volunteers we could have started both stands.If anyone can spare any time during the next few weeks I am sure Kevin could keep you occupied.
    Those of you who think the ground staff do nothing think again as the mess they are met with every morning on the pitch is disgusting caused by the sea gulls (feathers,rubbish and food debris) they have to lift this and then sweep the pitch every morning before starting to do anything else.On Friday night against Livingston the gulls were worse than ever please when attending games try and make a small difference by using the bins provided.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    As has been previously stated a very good turn out considering the heat nice to see a mixture of young and old mixing and working hard for the love of the club.We made a great difference to the covered terracing right along to the dug outs and also started the Terregles street end with a few more volunteers we could have started both stands.If anyone can spare any time during the next few weeks I am sure Kevin could keep you occupied.
    Those of you who think the ground staff do nothing think again as the mess they are met with every morning on the pitch is disgusting caused by the sea gulls (feathers,rubbish and food debris) they have to lift this and then sweep the pitch every morning before starting to do anything else.On Friday night against Livingston the gulls were worse than ever please when attending games try and make a small difference by using the bins provided.



    this could and prob is resulting in our surface deterioration ,caused by the seagulls ,an idea here maybe could think about placing a cover over the surface to take the brunt of all this debris at times when theres nothing on at palmy ,i think would be a decent idea to help conserve the surface for longer .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •