+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rip alan gilzean

Great player, loved watching him as kid, in playground at school when we had a kickabout and had to choose a a players name, while others preffered to be the Curries and Woodys I was always Gilly...couldn't pass the ball like him though...
    RIP Alan

R I P Alan

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    In our 1st season back in't First division(1971) i think we drew 2-2 at BDBL and if i'm not mistaken Gilzean scored the equaliser,i could be wrong tho it was along time ago.UTCB
    Last minute equaliser,it was

Just been reading that he said he just fell out of love with the game and never went back to WHL for over 20 years. Then he got asked to attend with the other ex players as a hospitality host and he agreed thinking he’d hate it but turned out he really enjoyed himself and had been histing for the last couple of years.

Went to a Friday night match at the Lane with my dad, years and years ago.
    For some reason we sat in the Bramall Lane Stand.
    At the back of the stand sat the whole of the Spurs team who were playing a semi-final in S6 the following day.
    I was too shy, so my dd wet and asked for their autographs.
    I can only rmember Gilzean, Veneables and Nicholson although no doubt others, such as Mullery, McKay, et al.
    R.I.P.

TBH can't remember that much about him I remember his name as I had a soft spot for Spurs back then but not what he was like as a player

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    TBH can't remember that much about him I remember his name as I had a soft spot for Spurs back then but not what he was like as a player

RIP
    That the soft spot on top of thi shoulders Bully? UTCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12