+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Driving in phucking Italy

O/T - Driving in phucking Italy

Ok - so any arabs living in Italy? So i am driving what seems a 24/7 super mario race phucking circuit - even in Tuscany. The old cvnts are the worst. I now dont even slow down at a stop sign nor give a phuck about a roundabout (there is one on the main rome motorway!! It is so much fun that i cant drive without a chianti or 5. Which seems to put me in an equilibrium with the rest of the nutters.

I drive to Rome tomorrow. Pisa was bad, Siena was Bad, Milan was ok (it was 3am), Florence was just sh!t and the country roads were just cinquincentos trying to phuck me up the ass.

So Rome tomorrow or will i just drive off a cliff?

Another thing ive got the car insured for missus and she certainly seems to have the knowledge of what i am doing wrong. should I ??

Yep, remember it well - I tried to avoid driving into the centre of cities to avoid the worst of the madness.
    The funniest one was when i was approaching a roundabout and there was a lorry just stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. I cautiously drove round it and just as I came level with the cab with the driver just staring ahead, a woman’s head suddenly popped up in front of him from between his legs. Had to laugh!

Drove from Pisa airport to Lucca and all round that area, no problems tbh but that was May not in the main holiday season. Decided on the train for Florence tho.
    See here in Spain some of them still use the outside lane (left lane) before taking their right exit so a car can cut you up easy on a roundabout.
    Tbh i try to drive as little as possible here in July and August as it gets a bit mental with the Spanish tourists coming in. Did see a British car tho last week going round a roundabout the wrong way 😆😆😆

I need valium!! Just driven back from florence - tbf i just drove like a prick. Seemed to fit in 🤣 its total nuts staying with friends in rome and naples. So either driving or mafia will get me! SRYB

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I need valium!! Just driven back from florence - tbf i just drove like a prick. Seemed to fit in 🤣 its total nuts staying with friends in rome and naples. So either driving or mafia will get me! SRYB
    Have a couple of beers. You'll relax and fit right in 😅

Try the Amalfi coast with the scooters!

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    Try the Amalfi coast with the scooters!
    I did - lol my dundonian charm was evident to everyone. Wife wants to disown me - which is nice

Ha ha, the missus and I drove from Bari to Brindisi in Apulia and stayed on the Costa Merlata near Ostuni many moons ago, it wasn’t too bad in the country but it was murder polis in the towns and cities. Traffic lights and roundabouts were to be seen to be believed. Complete chaos. Folk overtaking, undertaking, cutting people off....

I had a case of being overtaken, undertaken, side on and someone reversing on th A1 roundaboot!! tbf i didnt indicate (that seems to annoy them) and floored it - everyone happy. I also ripped off the rearview mirror - nae need to see the carnage lol!!

I remember the joke about the Fiat Strada advert-

designed by computer,
    built by robots .....
    and driven by f7ckin' Italians!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...a-built-robots

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)