+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A H twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Forest fans don't like it?

Where the hell did that come from?

If you hadn't noticed, we've spent a fortune this summer and still are not finished.
    It makes AH's comments of "we'll be in the same division soon" look laughable.
    AH meant the Championship. Your fans assumed he meant the Premiership, as is the nature of their big club delusion. I think League One is more likely.

At this stage I think Notts have got more chance of going up than Fword have. League Two looks weaker than it did last season, the Championship is always tough but it may now be even tougher. You'd have to fancy Villa to finish above Fword, then you've got Stoke and West Brom whilst Derby seem buoyed by the prospect of Lampard coming in. Maybe Fword will have their best season in quite a while but I think there is a very reasonable chance that the gap between us and them will be reduced to one division this time next year and obviously things will then become much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    At this stage I think Notts have got more chance of going up than Fword have. League Two looks weaker than it did last season, the Championship is always tough but it may now be even tougher. You'd have to fancy Villa to finish above Fword, then you've got Stoke and West Brom whilst Derby seem buoyed by the prospect of Lampard coming in. Maybe Fword will have their best season in quite a while but I think there is a very reasonable chance that the gap between us and them will be reduced to one division this time next year and obviously things will then become much more interesting.
    Not to sure about Villa finishing above the Portugeezer under 21 team. I believe they have financial problems and have to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not to sure about Villa finishing above the Portugeezer under 21 team. I believe they have financial problems and have to sell.

Yes, FFP, Jack Grealish will leave and has been linked with Spurs. Steve Bruce staying on though, so they have a decent manager. We just need two clubs to finish above them and one more good enough to make sure they don't go up via the play-offs, though of course Fword never even win play-off semi-finals, never mind the final.

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    Football is business what makes financial sense between two parties will be carried. The hierarchy at Notts and Forest love this apparent rivalry as it puts words in the ether and eventually hands in pockets.

You look at the global trashtalk tour with McGregor and Mayweather, everybody cleaned up. Long may Mr Hardy continue because he knows exactly what he is doing.
    Spot on. It makes me laugh that fans think the leadership of either club are anything other than delighted by the raised profile of the rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    AH meant the Championship. Your fans assumed he meant the Premiership, as is the nature of their big club delusion. I think League One is more likely.
    That hadn't dawned on me Bohinen. I'd assumed they thought we weren't even capable of regaining Championahsip status. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That hadn't dawned on me Bohinen. I'd assumed they thought we weren't even capable of regaining Championahsip status. Good point.
    Ok, now that is an interesting comparison. Has AH got pockets deep enough to sustain Notts in the championship?
    It will cost enough just to get there.
    But compete on the same level?
    You have to be looking for a turnover of a minimum 10M a year just to survive.
    What about ticket prices?
    £30- £40 A GAME.
    Will fans pay it?
    They give away season tickets and match tickets for peanuts at the moment, just to get bums on seats.
    This area only has a catchment of a certain amount of supporters as does other cities.
    At the moment, NFFC have approx 20k season ticket holders. You aint going to attract them.

So where will he get the cash?

Serious question.

Ok, now that is an interesting comparison. Has AH got pockets deep enough to sustain Notts in the championship?
    It will cost enough just to get there.
    But compete on the same level?
    You have to be looking for a turnover of a minimum 10M a year just to survive.
    What about ticket prices?
    £30- £40 A GAME.
    Will fans pay it?
    They give away season tickets and match tickets for peanuts at the moment, just to get bums on seats.
    This area only has a catchment of a certain amount of supporters as does other cities.
    At the moment, NFFC have approx 20k season ticket holders. You aint going to attract them.

So where will he get the cash?

Serious question.
    Forest have had a larger fan base than us for years but I wouldn't get carried away by record ST sales this year, yes they have sold approx 20,000 but I would love to see a breakdown of age groups compared with previous seasons. I work with a 22 year old who along with a mate have decided to buy a ST for one of the clubs this year & have discovered that the reds give a massive discount to 18-23 yr olds where as Notts do the same for 18-21 yr olds now should they (or the many students out there) pay £370 for 4th tier football or £120 for 2nd tier football? Both teams are having to sell STs for peanuts to attract fans & although Forest are doing a great job of dragging them in at approx £5 a game the same question applies will these same "fans" be willing to pay £30-£40 A GAME recent cup games would suggest not.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Forest have had a larger fan base than us for years but I wouldn't get carried away by record ST sales this year, yes they have sold approx 20,000 but I would love to see a breakdown of age groups compared with previous seasons. I work with a 22 year old who along with a mate have decided to buy a ST for one of the clubs this year & have discovered that the reds give a massive discount to 18-23 yr olds where as Notts do the same for 18-21 yr olds now should they (or the many students out there) pay £370 for 4th tier football or £120 for 2nd tier football? Both teams are having to sell STs for peanuts to attract fans & although Forest are doing a great job of dragging them in at approx £5 a game the same question applies will these same "fans" be willing to pay £30-£40 A GAME recent cup games would suggest not.
    I get that ancient, but it still doesn't answer the questions.
    I know how Forest are doing it, how is AH going to do it?

I get that ancient, but it still doesn't answer the questions.
    I know how Forest are doing it, how is AH going to do it?
    As soon as promotion from L1 is secured, find a buyer asap. Though he'd probably be tempted to give it a go himself for one season. Burton and Rotherham are examples of smaller clubs who can stay up at that level, but the 2nd season is usually fatal and once you look like a club hanging on for dear life rather than one on an upward trajectory, you're not going to be able to sell it to somebody with the cash to seriously compete.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast