+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: sign the petition

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Lovely this high employment malarkey, love all these low paid, low skill jobs, usually in foreign owned companies, tories love it also, although they hate immigration, even though to fill those low paid low skilled jobs they need immigration, a quandary indeed to the xenophobic tories isn't it.
    Indeed , I don't mind sharing this because it's linked to cutting of corporation tax and growth .

When I started at my previous company in 2011 the turnover was £20m , the company were established in the south of england and then decided to open a site up here too .

We did very well , so much so that by 2017 the turnover was £90m along with cuts to corporation tax the business was in pretty good shape .

Yes it created additional jobs but at least 75% were agency led and investment in the site was minimal given the growth .

My wages actually fell during this time , inflation kicked in and I received only one pay rise in the 6 years I was with the company .

I made strong and robust statements to the top man in charge and asked him why as an employee I hadn't so far shared in the companies success .

" because I don't have to and I can replace you within the hour "

In theory he could but it would take a new starter 12 months on the job to attain the knowledge of the job I did so crack on I thought .

Numbers , numbers with these people and the human element doesn't come in to it .

To be fair he did me a huge favour because I found another job that I love at a great company on significantly higher wages .

The company created profit but the economy didn't benefit , just the tip of the iceberg that company today in the UK .

Full employment ????

The Victorians had full employment too through workhouses .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 14-07-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Indeed , I don't mind sharing this because it's linked to cutting of corporation tax and growth .

When I started at my previous company in 2011 the turnover was £20m , the company were established in the south of england and then decided to open a site up here too .

We did very well , so much so that by 2017 the turnover was £90m along with cuts to corporation tax the business was in pretty good shape .

Yes it created additional jobs but at least 75% were agency led and investment in the site was minimal given the growth .

My wages actually fell during this time , inflation kicked in and I received only one pay rise in the 6 years I was with the company .

I made strong and robust statements to the top man in charge and asked him why as an employee I hadn't so far shared in the companies success .

" because I don't have to and I can replace you within the hour "

In theory he could but it would take a new starter 12 months on the job to attain the knowledge of the job I did so crack on I thought .

Numbers , numbers with these people and the human element doesn't come in to it .

To be fair he did me a huge favour because I found another job that I love at a great company on significantly higher wages .

The company created profit but the economy didn't benefit , just the tip of the iceberg that company today in the UK .

Full employment ????

The Victorians had full employment too through workhouses .
    Yes, it's a bit of a myth.

To put it another way the Yorkshire and Humber region has the highest unemployment rate in the UK at 5.2%

How many of these actually want to work remains debateable.

Plus there's the other myth about zero hours contracts being bad. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said those on zero-hours contracts were more likely to be young, women, part-time or in full-time education. That section of the employed that actually like that arrangement because of their lives outside work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

To put it another way the Yorkshire and Humber region has the highest unemployment rate in the UK at 5.2%

Plus there's the other myth about zero hours contracts being bad. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said those on zero-hours contracts were more likely to be young, women, part-time or in full-time education. That section of the employed that actually like that arrangement because of their lives outside work.
    Once more smoke and mirrors because it's suits you, with only limited truth in what you posted, there's no doubt that a zero hour contract will suit some people, but to suggest that it suits most is frankly not true.

18% are said to be in full time education, for these i'd say yeh, zero hour contracts suit them, all for it in that case...

33% are young (16-24)

65% are working part time, 32% of those wish to work more hours, many have more than one zero hour job, you know, to make ends meet.

The upshot is that for the majority zero hour contracts are used to hire and fire at will by unscrupolous companies that don't give a shyte about people, only profit.

https://fullfact.org/economy/facts-a...SAAEgKEv_D_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    We now have the highest employment I think ever, low corp tax always instigates investment and at the moment Fintech and Hightech companies are the future. These companies can trade from anywhere in the world but raising their taxes would surely mean they would locate somewhere else.
    I dont think Corp Tax is the defining decision. In some industries (like tech and engineering) available workforce is absolute key. That comes down to countries with a highly trained workforce.

So we are back to tax. More importantly who is responsible for / pays for training and education. Big Corps cannot absolve themselves of all responsibility.

Yes my step daughters boyfriend is thrilled to be on one .

Last month he got sent home at midnight twice , which is fine I suppose to a point if you can get home and not have to use public transport to travel the 12 miles home like he does .

The company in question is a retail global superpower , it doesn't pay much tax either in this country and it's presence here should be a national embarrassment .

They make billions and yet can't offer a lad a full nights work on minimum wage or even have the grace to ring him up and offer him the choice between coming in for five hours or staying at home .

The whole shift should have gone home with him and see if they pull that stunt again .

Here's the thing though , my step daughter and the lad are looking to find a place and make a start together , how can they when he's not guaranteed an income , my step daughter is in full time further education but works in a shop at Meadowhall at weekends earning pocket money in reality .

This is the UK today for many young people , so don't give me corporation tax cuts and full employment and try and tell me its a wealth driver or good for the economy because it isn't .

Some people on here need to get out in the real world and shove the Financial Times share page up their arrogant ring pieces .

It's the best place for it .

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Lovely this high employment malarkey, love all these low paid, low skill jobs, usually in foreign owned companies, tories love it also, although they hate immigration, even though to fill those low paid low skilled jobs they need immigration, a quandary indeed to the xenophobic tories isn't it.
    I agree with the low paid comment, especially those who companies duck the min wage. The EU has been the main cause for this, there are plenty of eastern europeans who will work for £3 / hour

I agree with the low paid comment, especially those who companies duck the min wage. The EU has been the main cause for this, there are plenty of eastern europeans who will work for £3 / hour
    Yes there are plenty but there are plenty of them also supplementing that £3 with assorted benefit fiddles. Plus no tax of course but with full access to the NHS and other services they don't contribute to.

Another reason the Labour party doesn't like zero hours contracts is because most paid that way don't pay Union fees.

So Labour has to object because their paymasters says so.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yes my step daughters boyfriend is thrilled to be on one .

Last month he got sent home at midnight twice , which is fine I suppose to a point if you can get home and not have to use public transport to travel the 12 miles home like he does .

The company in question is a retail global superpower , it doesn't pay much tax either in this country and it's presence here should be a national embarrassment .

They make billions and yet can't offer a lad a full nights work on minimum wage or even have the grace to ring him up and offer him the choice between coming in for five hours or staying at home .

The whole shift should have gone home with him and see if they pull that stunt again .

Here's the thing though , my step daughter and the lad are looking to find a place and make a start together , how can they when he's not guaranteed an income , my step daughter is in full time further education but works in a shop at Meadowhall at weekends earning pocket money in reality .

This is the UK today for many young people , so don't give me corporation tax cuts and full employment and try and tell me its a wealth driver or good for the economy because it isn't .

Some people on here need to get out in the real world and shove the Financial Times share page up their arrogant ring pieces .

It's the best place for it .
    Absolutely bang on the money mate, seen it first hand in an agency that's used at our place, a kid had travelled from Sheffield, Totley i believe, only to be told they didn't require him that day, facking scandalous, and these on here supporting these practices, they havent got a clue about what's happening to our youngsters, and they're stuck in their own i'm alright jack world of selfishness.

Yes there are plenty but there are plenty of them also supplementing that £3 with assorted benefit fiddles. Plus no tax of course but with full access to the NHS and other services they don't contribute to.

Another reason the Labour party doesn't like zero hours contracts is because most paid that way don't pay Union fees.

So Labour has to object because their paymasters says so.
    What another load of absolute codswallop from the king of codswallop...

So what you're saying is that because they're low paid and don't pay tax they shouldn't get access to the NHS, what a lovely bloke you are, what an absolute credit to the nation, pathetic responce from a pathetic bloke.

The reason the labour party don't like zero hour contracts is because they're an affront to any decent person, whether that's an employer or a union, and they're used as a tool to trap folk, usually youngsters, into a world of debt, not that you give a shyte about anyone but yersen.

I thought there'd be some foreigner to blame somewhere along the road, keep toeing the tory line eh....

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast