+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: sign the petition

That’s exactly what I was asking.

How would it be paid for?

Or has Mr Corbyn said how he would do it?

Or did I miss that bit of the promise?

Extra BH's would need to be finalised months if not years in advance

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    So, point by point,

1. Fair grist, is it "fair" that we all have a lower number of public holidays than every one of our competitors, and then some?

2. Soundbite politician?, his policies are fully costed, full stop.

3. Self employed means exactly that, they do what they want, when they want, regardless.

4. Public sector workers, once again, why does it obviously work in all our competitor's country's then?? they have the same issues as we have, somehow those pesky foreigner's can work it out can't they...

5. Private sector working patterns, don't we all work different patterns, for what it's worth i work all except statutory's, many people do, what's the issue?

6. I like your choice of words there, "those choosing to work zero hour contracts" I think you'll find the vast majority don't choose them, they're the only option to get work in many many cases...

7. The upshot is, there aint no impracticalities.
    1. That isn’t true, if you care to research it
    2. No they aren’t and spending the same money twice or more isn’t allowed
    3. So disadvantaged then if they supply a service to businesses that would be shut?
    4. It’s a major problem all over the world, everybody wants more days off (if they work) but nobody wants the extra taxation to pay for it
    5. The issue is there are only 365 days in a year, not all of them contributing to the GNP if the country. Days off aren’t free.
    6. But a lot do choose them, so shall we just ignore them because an extra public holiday would be nice for everybody else?
    7 Upshot is it’s easy to say, tough to deliver, and goes down well as a sound bite until you really think about it.

Btw I didn’t mention the millions of pensioners, do they get an extra day paid on their state pension to compensate? They don’t work at all so an extra holiday makes no difference other than paying more tax so somebody else can have a day off.

Also, btw I’m still laughing at the idea of Mr Corbyns’s plans being fully costed. Must have missed that bit

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Extra BH's would need to be finalised months if not years in advance
    Would certainly require a bit of planning yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    1. That isn’t true, if you care to research it
    2. No they aren’t and spending the same money twice or more isn’t allowed
    3. So disadvantaged then if they supply a service to businesses that would be shut?
    4. It’s a major problem all over the world, everybody wants more days off (if they work) but nobody wants the extra taxation to pay for it
    5. The issue is there are only 365 days in a year, not all of them contributing to the GNP if the country. Days off aren’t free.
    6. But a lot do choose them, so shall we just ignore them because an extra public holiday would be nice for everybody else?
    7 Upshot is it’s easy to say, tough to deliver, and goes down well as a sound bite until you really think about it.

Btw I didn’t mention the millions of pensioners, do they get an extra day paid on their state pension to compensate? They don’t work at all so an extra holiday makes no difference other than paying more tax so somebody else can have a day off.

Also, btw I’m still laughing at the idea of Mr Corbyns’s plans being fully costed. Must have missed that bit
    1. https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...-holidays.html

I won't bother with the others, your reply to number one is obviously flawed, reading through the others, likewise.

Bottom dollar is no politician is going to stand up and say “we’re going to raise taxation to pay for extra bank holidays”

No matter what colour badge they wear.

That’s exactly what I was asking.

How would it be paid for?

Or has Mr Corbyn said how he would do it?

Or did I miss that bit of the promise?

The answers simple isn't it ...'the rich'. The rich should pay for free stuff for everyone right up to the point where they're as skint as everyone else. Drag 'em back down in to the pack where they belong. They got rich exploiting poor folk anyway, didn't they?

There...saved a load of equivocation.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    1. https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...-holidays.html

I won't bother with the others, your reply to number one is obviously flawed, reading through the others, likewise.
    Read this and compare like with like, it’s paid public holidays we’re on about, so don’t try and fudge it by including unpaid or voluntary days off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ave_by_country

We stand up quite well already.

Bottom dollar is no politician is going to stand up and say “we’re going to raise taxation to pay for extra bank holidays”

No matter what colour badge they wear.
    Well, Corbyn has in terms of raising corporation tax hasn't he, what a refreshing change eh Grist....

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    The answers simple isn't it ...'the rich'. The rich should pay for free stuff for everyone right up to the point where they're as skint as everyone else. Drag 'em back down in to the pack where they belong. They got rich exploiting poor folk anyway, didn't they?

There...saved a load of equivocation.
    Yep, that just about covers it, stop the rich from dodging their tax bill and hoarding their wealth overseas, where it does nothing for the British economy, that'd do me for starters...for the many, not the few...

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast