+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: sign the petition

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I remember this same debate ages ago. I went off and researched that the amount lost in £ from business closure, the economy gains from the resulting boost on spending from the public, from retail places and online that will remain open to sell. Pretty much evens itself out. But of course, the more financially 'strained' small businesses that don't have anything to gain from the boost to retail sales within the UK can claim fairly to lose out disproportionately.

Not dragging up that same research again though. Do it yourselves if yer bothered! :-)
    I think your research is flawed....however happy to be proved wrong, please provide at least 16 links from different websites

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The same tired old argument and the same tired old response.

Tax rates are one aspect of the cost of doing business in a country. Labour costs and transport costs are also on the list, both of which the UK are uncompetitive on.

You accept the wisdom of The Great Leader that increasing costs to business through increased corporate taxation has no bearing upon the attractiveness or otherwise of the UK as a place to do business, where even a smidgeon of reason says it must have.

Bank Holidays provides another example of the dangers of taking a single feature of an economy and making comparisons; it's meaningless unless you take into account the typical amount of other leave that employers offer.

Yep, we could retread the same old opinions again, you'll back yours up, I'll back mine up. There are lots of arguments from economists backing both sides up. We'll just have to weight it up through our own personal lens, with the priorities we individually place upon our society and agree to disagree... Boring to do it all again isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I think your research is flawed....however happy to be proved wrong, please provide at least 16 links from different websites
    Shan't!

Cmon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 please beat Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Cmon England �������������� please beat Croatia
    Yes, please do boys, please do..

Too generous to Kerr Pup. Just call him a stuck up tory twit like I would..

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Yep, we could retread the same old opinions again, you'll back yours up, I'll back mine up. There are lots of arguments from economists backing both sides up. We'll just have to weight it up through our own personal lens, with the priorities we individually place upon our society and agree to disagree... Boring to do it all again isn't it?
    Entertaining rather than boring.

Presumably you would accept that increasing corporate tax rates would make the UK a less attractive place for companies to be domiciled in? Yes or no? Or do you need to check in with an economist before responding??

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Entertaining rather than boring.

Presumably you would accept that increasing corporate tax rates would make the UK a less attractive place for companies to be domiciled in? Yes or no? Or do you need to check in with an economist before responding??
    Presumably you'd accept that even if the rates were higher, they'd still be lower than ALL our competitors, therefore making it the better option nonetheless.....yes or no.

If we win then feel sorry for anyone that is genuinely ill on Monday, excluding booze, having to ring in badly.

Anyhow, thank goodness for earlier retirement, I'll be off Monday as per usual !

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    If we win then feel sorry for anyone that is genuinely ill on Monday, excluding booze, having to ring in badly.

Anyhow, thank goodness for earlier retirement, I'll be off Monday as per usual !
    Lucky lucky man.....good effort though!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast