+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: sign the petition

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Humour me Kerr....

"Presumably you'd accept that even if the rates were higher, they'd still be lower than ALL our competitors, therefore making it the better option nonetheless.....yes or no".

tick tock
    Thats still not the point though is it, over the last 50 years every single rise in Corp Taxes has always caused job losses and impacted on investment.

EU tax rates ranked in order of highest to lowest

1. Malta, 35 per cent
    2. Belgium, 33.99 per cent
    3. France, 33.3 per cent
    4. Italy, 31.4 per cent
    5. Germany, 29.72 per cent
    6. Luxembourg, 29.22 per cent
    7. Greece, 29 per cent
    8 / 9 /10. Austria / Netherlands / Spain, 25 per cent
    11/12 /13. Denmark / Slovakia / Sweden, 22 per cent
    14. Portugal, 21 per cent
    15 / 16 / 17 / 18. Britain / Croatia / Estonia / Finland, 20 per cent
    19 / 20 / 21. Czech Republic / Hungary / Poland, 19 per cent
    22. Slovenia, 17 per cent
    23. Romania, 16 per cent
    24 / 25. Latvia / Lithuania, 15 per cent
    26 / 27. Cyprus / Ireland 12.5 per cent
    28. Bulgaria, 10 per cent
    Last edited by gm_gm; 10-07-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

1. Malta, 35 per cent
    3. France, 33.3 per cent
    4. Italy, 31.4 per cent
    7. Greece, 29 per cent
    23. Romania, 16 per cent
    Therefore you'd agree that raising ours to 25% still places us below our main competitors....Germany, Italy, France...please point it out to Kerr...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Therefore you'd agree that raising ours to 25% still places us below our main competitors....Germany, Italy, France...please point it out to Kerr...
    Only a complete idiot (Corbyn perhaps?) would do this as it would probably lead hundred of thousands of job loses, corporation tax revenue would still fall and the city would suffer as many companies relocate elsewhere.

If you want extra taxes income tax and or some form of turnover tax for foreign internet companies in lieu of corporation tax avoidance (tricky to implement) but would stop them in their tracks

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    A lot of words there raging. A simple yes or no to the question would have saved you a lot if time.

Humour me. Would increasing the level of corporate taxation make the UK a more or less attractive place to do business in, pay taxes in and employ people in? Yes or no?.
    Just a bit of pedantic mischief but this doesn't make sense. Not a "yes or no" question.
    Raging perpetuates the confusion by answering"yes"

Kerr comes back with "yes what?" Obviously forgetting that it was him who had, for some reason, asked for a yes or no answer.

Even worse posters are accusing each other of being as bad as "fire". Come on lads, that's crossing the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Why don't you just go back to the original post where we argued all this through? It's all in there.

Why don't you answer MMM question above?
    I can't recall you setting out how many job losses you think acceptable to fund the tuition fee bribe, but if you did, I apologise. Could you please remind me of the figure you gave?

I tend not to read MMM's posts these days. He is incapable of taking part in a debate without becoming abusive. I've taken a look though at your request. I answered the question further up the thread (before he asked it). If tax rates were the only factor that a company would take into account when deciding where to be based and create jobs then he would have a point, but it isn't rendering his point
    largely meaningless. As you appear to accept, increasing corporate tax rates would make the UK a less attractive place to operate. It's as simple as that. If you disagree then give for it - make the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Just a bit of pedantic mischief but this doesn't make sense. Not a "yes or no" question.
    Raging perpetuates the confusion by answering"yes"

Kerr comes back with "yes what?" Obviously forgetting that it was him who had, for some reason, asked for a yes or no answer.

Even worse posters are accusing each other of being as bad as "fire". Come on lads, that's crossing the line.
    You are quite right. The first time I asked the question it called for a yes or no answer, but by the time raging had stopped twisting and turning, I had altered it. My bad. In my defence, I'm posting from a phone and it's driving me bonkers.

I can't recall you setting out how many job losses you think acceptable to fund the tuition fee bribe, but if you did, I apologise. Could you please remind me of the figure you gave?

I tend not to read MMM's posts these days. He is incapable of taking part in a debate without becoming abusive. I've taken a look though at your request. I answered the question further up the thread (before he asked it). If tax rates were the only factor that a company would take into account when deciding where to be based and create jobs then he would have a point, but it isn't rendering his point
    largely meaningless. As you appear to accept, increasing corporate tax rates would make the UK a less attractive place to operate. It's as simple as that. If you disagree then give for it - make the argument.
    Stop talking sense, you’re preaching to the “we want something for nothing” brigade.

Quite funny that, or the truth of it really is that you cannot answer the questions given, typical lawyer, always squirming and then falsly accusing people to distract, well done, you're good at it, i see you though Ker, i see you for what you are, you can write reams and reams of stuff that will covet the likes of grist et al, but most of it is waffle, you know it, i know it, i'm not as well educated as you or as elequent, but one thing i m is honest.

Please post where i've been abusive, and please don't be a snowflake eh?

Only a complete idiot (Corbyn perhaps?) would do this as it would probably lead hundred of thousands of job loses, corporation tax revenue would still fall and the city would suffer as many companies relocate elsewhere.

If you want extra taxes income tax and or some form of turnover tax for foreign internet companies in lieu of corporation tax avoidance (tricky to implement) but would stop them in their tracks
    Why has it not led to hundreds of thousands of job losses in Germany/France/Italy/USA/China....and ok, companies could relocate elsewhere, but not to our competitors, as in the above list.....

Shall we talk about the companies who would relocate then, these would be the companies who are here making a quick buck on the back of low tax, low wage, low skilled employment, most of those jobs , particularly in the north filled by cheap foreign labour, the global economy, i'll be honest, all the right wing nut jobs on here and elsewhere should be encouraging the rise, low paid jobs going elsewhere, low class companies exploiting low skilled workers leaving, let em leave, in fact let's encourage them further by enhancing worker's rights instead of reducing them eh..

Thats still not the point though is it, over the last 50 years every single rise in Corp Taxes has always caused job losses and impacted on investment.

1. Malta, 35 per cent
    3. France, 33.3 per cent
    4. Italy, 31.4 per cent
    7. Greece, 29 per cent
    23. Romania, 16 per cent

Sorry but where's the clear evidence that this (impact of corp tax rises impacting on jobs) happens? What stats are you referring to? You referred to a graph or summat that showed it, but I didn't see it. Please re-link and I'll check it out. Ta.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast