+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The annual where are we going to finish prediction thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    3rd at best

Throwing local Evo Stick sides a bone and arranging financially motivated friendlies at home will be the reason.
    And isn’t that what we do every preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I think we will do as per England in the world cup.

Modest expectation, but....
    Hope not. England's record at the world cup was Played 7, Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 3. That represents mid table mediocrity!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    And isn’t that what we do every preseason?
    I’m not talking last year or the year before.

It’s not very often that this club or any other gets things done as swiftly as we have.

This year..I feel the club haven’t taken full advantage of having the majority of the squad in place for the last 4-6 weeks.

Signing quality players early is a good thing, - Notts have got that one right this pre-season, although the preferred front 2 (If we are to play 2) is still a closely guarded secret, and the defence still doesnt look solid. The 2 pre-season friendlies against higher opposition seemed to just perpetuate last season's palava of "very few shots on target" again. Hopefully there has been work work and more work going on on the training ground behind closed doors, because the games in public view have not inspired... Maybe it's just me but I'm struggling for the enthusiasm that I know I should have at this point. All will be calm on Sunday morning though with a result against Colchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    2nd for me.
    Make that 12th. 4-4-2 with Stead is not going to get us promoted.

Stead is the only recognised forward to have fully participated in pre-season. Dennis and to a lesser degree Hemmings are not quite ‘match fit’. I think once all are up and running, Stead will be on the bench.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789