+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The annual where are we going to finish prediction thread.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Agreed. On the 'serious' friendlies showing, I'd say we'll be lucky to make 12th. Let's hope for better.
    No such thing as a "serious friendly" Gump & they count for nowt!! I am hoping for automatic but although not on the downer Durham seems to be about our manager I do agree that much depends on his ability to learn from his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by vape1862 View Post
    I'll go for a tentative 2nd. As the squad stands we'll need a bit of luck with injuries. If we get another striker in and some cover at full back I think there's only the franchise that can match us, on paper at least.
    Oy Yo, stop talking sense or ya barred!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    No such thing as a "serious friendly" Gump & they count for nowt!! I am hoping for automatic but although not on the downer Durham seems to be about our manager I do agree that much depends on his ability to learn from his mistakes.
    I am bemused by Durham's downer on Nolan. I really can't see what has brought it about. Can you?

He is a poor manager with no tactical sense and doesn't learn from his mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Yes we know of your opinion (to which you are, of course, fully entitled) although I don't personally agree. My bemusement is to do with how you arrived at this conclusion.

He is good at motivating and that's about it.

He also has a 45% win ratio but let's conveniently ignore that.

That was before his luck ran out.

He took over when we were hurtling towards the Conference on the back of 10 straight defeats, but comfortably kept us up and then managed to get a limited squad into a playoff position the following season.

If you ignore those notable achievements then yeah, he's a poor manager.

Well let's see he can do with a much better squad. I hope he proves me wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast