+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The annual where are we going to finish prediction thread.

I'll go for a tentative 2nd. I'm not that confident having Alessandra as the 4th forward. If the Crawley lad can fill in there all well and good but I'd still be happier with 1 more decentish striker and another full back as cover. I've always been of the mind that the ideal squad has 22 players, 1 as cover for every position, otherwise you're relying on being lucky with injuries. If we do get that then I think at least on paper there's only the franchise that should trouble us.

1st

The squad looks stronger than last year, hopefully Nolan will learn from last season’s mistakes when we tailed off badly after December. Question marks about the centre of midfield and goalkeeper for me, but I still think we should finish in the top three.

I'm going to be positive this season...you know how good I am at predicting our weekly scores...

So I'll let you know after we have played the first few games, say 45 of them....

I'll go for a tentative 2nd. As the squad stands we'll need a bit of luck with injuries. If we get another striker in and some cover at full back I think there's only the franchise that can match us, on paper at least.

Any chance we could beat Fat Sams record?

After uninspiring pre season results is anyone adjusting their prediction?

Unless we have another couple of gears to move up i cant see us finishing in the top six.

This 'it takes time to gel' is largely rubbish, good players remain good players and if the manager picks the right formation, a good team will beat a lesser team 99% of the time.

I can't see the sense in splitting up the first team to play two different matches if they need to 'gel'.

If this team fails at this level, my own view is that it will have been down to Nolan's stubborness to play a certain way or getting his tactics wrong.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    This 'it takes time to gel' is largely rubbish, good players remain good players and if the manager picks the right formation, a good team will beat a lesser team 99% of the time.

I can't see the sense in splitting up the first team to play two different matches if they need to 'gel'.

If this team fails at this level, my own view is that it will have been down to Nolan's stubborness to play a certain way or getting his tactics wrong.

Fingers crossed.
    I agree with that. As i have said many times Nolan is a one trick pony and this will eventually cost him his job..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast