+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chavs

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Future Gammon.
    Bloody Snowflake ! There's far too much political name calling on this site ...

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Morons who when fronted up by anyone in authority will cry I'm being bullied. It's sad society is going this way but it's a fact.
    I don't think any of the fat chump Forest fans in the YouTube pie video were actually in authority, except in their own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Future Gammon.
    I've wondered why you keep posting about 'Gammon' and I've looked it up.
    Apparently it's a derogatory term for white, middle-aged men with right-of-centre views whose faces supposedly have the colour of, er, gammon.

Phew, good job it's a slur on whities or there'd be pandemonium.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Apparently it's a derogatory term for white, middle-aged men with right-of-centre views whose faces supposedly have the colour of, er, gammon.

I have alluded to this before when the same user ( I think) posted this racist term, not sure that many people are aware of it's meaning but if the liberals on here are so anti racist, let's have a level playing field.

For all we know 'Mapperley' could be black, in that case this is racist and even if not, it's racist anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I have alluded to this before when the same user ( I think) posted this racist term, not sure that many people are aware of it's meaning but if the liberals on here are so anti racist, let's have a level playing field.

For all we know 'Mapperley' could be black, in that case this is racist and even if not, it's racist anyway.
    I for one would rather people didn't use racist terms on here, they are against the rules, so if as you say it is a racist term (I've never heard it) then Mapperleypie I think you should stop using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post

I found this definition in the Urban Dictionary:

Gammon
    (Noun/mass noun): A term used to describe a particular type of Brexit-voting, middle-aged white male, whose meat-faced complexion suggests they are perilously close to a stroke.

The term 'gammon' is linked to the unhealthy pink skin tone of such stout yeomen, probably because of high blood pressure caused by decades of 'PC gone mad', being defeated in arguments about the non-existent merits of Brexit and women getting the vote.

Gammon often make their appearance on BBC's Question Time jabbing their porcine fingers at the camera while demanding immediate nuclear strikes against Remain-voting areas, people who eat vegetables and/or cyclists.

I'd describe it as a humorous piss take rather than anything racist. You bloody PC lot are always searching for a new way to be offended!

You’ve got to be as thick as pigshyte to call the term “gammon” racist.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post

Yep, spot on. If you'd claimed remoaners were "black pudding" they'd be an out rage.
    Good job, we call them snow flakes, to keep "white" in it.

After all whites only are racist lol

I'm gammon and proud.

What does that make Corbyn?

Oh my word I've just typed it into Google and there are a thousand and one articles about "Who is gammon? " and "Is gammon racist?".

I'd never even heard of it until a few minutes ago, am I getting old? Is that what happens when you're not in the Twittersphere?

Anyway it seems to come from somebody calling David Cameron 'gammon face' in relation to his ruddy complexion and as far as I can tell is mostly used by white people.

On that basis it doesn't sound particularly racist, and seeing as the other day the people who are complaining on this thread were talking about dropping Jamaicans out of aeroplanes to make 'Jamaican patties' I suspect they're not too bothered about avoiding offence and are just mischief making.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast