+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chavs

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Oh my word I've just typed it into Google and there are a thousand and one articles about "Who is gammon? " and "Is gammon racist?".

I'd never even heard of it until a few minutes ago, am I getting old? Is that what happens when you're not in the Twittersphere?

Anyway it seems to come from somebody calling David Cameron 'gammon face' in relation to his ruddy complexion and as far as I can tell is mostly used by white people.

On that basis it doesn't sound particularly racist, and seeing as the other day the people who are complaining on this thread were talking about dropping Jamaicans out of aeroplanes to make 'Jamaican patties' I suspect they're not too bothered about avoiding offence and are just mischief making.

Strange that any reference to even slightly derogatory terms in relation to the skin colour of non whites, is hugely offensive. Is this the white 'N' word then, it's ok when white people use it?

If this were involving non whites, there would be outrage at the comparison with a pig for one thing, make your minds up liberals, you can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 10-07-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'm gammon and proud.
    No surprise there. When I read that definition in the Urban Dictionary it fitted you like a glove.

There are plenty of middle-aged white men (with red faces) that are certainly not gammon. It's everything to do with a persons mindset. Don't like being called gammon, then don't be one.

As you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    If this were involving non whites, there would be outrage at the comparison with a pig for one thing, make your minds up liberals, you can't have it both ways.
    Really? If you believe that you probably believe thing like "We're not allowed to fly an England flag for the World Cup" and "We're not allowed to put up Christmas lights any more".

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    There are plenty of middle-aged white men (with red faces) that are certainly not gammon. It's everything to do with a persons mindset. Don't like being called gammon, then don't be one.

As you were.
    Double standards, liberals love to point out and leap on, offensive terms but are happy to use them in pursuit of their own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really? If you believe that you probably believe thing like "We're not allowed to fly an England flag for the World Cup" and "We're not allowed to put up Christmas lights any more".
    Oh dear me.

Strange that any reference to even slightly derogatory terms in relation to the skin colour of non whites, is hugely offensive. Is this the white 'N' word then, it's ok when white people use it?

I've made my mind up, I don't think it's racist. It describes right wingers getting worked up and going red in the face.

Double standards, liberals love to point out and leap on, offensive terms but are happy to use them in pursuit of their own agenda.
    It's the opposite of snowflake. I've been called a snowflake loads of times on here and never cried about it.

Grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It's the opposite of snowflake. I've been called a snowflake loads of times on here and never cried about it.

Grow a pair.
    I'm not offended at all, just pointing out the double standards that you lot adopt when it suits.

If I made a similar remark about blacks or Asians which involved a comparison of skin colour to anything, never mind a pig, you see no contradiction in this terminology?

Eff me, you can't braid your hair without it being branded 'cultural appropriation' but people feel free to use terms like this with no recriminations as it's aimed at whites.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 10-07-2018 at 03:47 PM.

You do realise you're making a complete tit of yourself by playing the race card on this issue don't you?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast