+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Chavs

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    For the hard of reading, I didn't say you were.
    You seem to not understand what you yourself actually wrote and these are just the two I can be bothered to retrieve.

'Now you want sympathy because someone called you a gammon?'

'You're trying to be oppressed and offended about the imposition of standards that have never been imposed on you on here. '
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 10-07-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    You seem to not understand what you yourself actually wrote and these are just the two I can be bothered to retrieve.

'You're trying to be oppressed and offended about the imposition of standards that have never been imposed on you on here. '
    For what its worth Airborn Pie I agree with you.

If someone called a black man 'Sooty' because he had a slightly darker than average skin colour came to the UK from Africa and believed in witch craft they would be branded racist. However Gammon is at least culturally acceptable it seems despite it just like my example above referring to a certain underclass of person with certain beliefs. Like you I am not offended by it but I dont think Sooty is offensive either. It's just a comedy name for a class of person in the same way Gammon is. Plenty would say I am a philistine though!

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post

You said it's a term that some people consider to be offensive, you seem to have a problem with it so I presumed you were offended.

You said you weren't so in the last post I didn't mention you being offended, hence your "I don't know how many times" makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Gammon
    (Noun/mass noun): A term used to describe a particular type of Brexit-voting, middle-aged white male, whose meat-faced complexion suggests they are perilously close to a stroke.

The term 'gammon' is linked to the unhealthy pink skin tone of such stout yeomen, probably because of high blood pressure caused by decades of 'PC gone mad', being defeated in arguments about the non-existent merits of Brexit and women getting the vote.

Gammon often make their appearance on BBC's Question Time jabbing their porcine fingers at the camera while demanding immediate nuclear strikes against Remain-voting areas, people who eat vegetables and/or cyclists.
    If you want a visual interpretation of 'Gammon', just have a look at the Baby Trump balloon!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you want a visual interpretation of 'Gammon', just have a look at the Baby Trump balloon!
    Orange gammon, surely they're mocking his fake tan?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    For what its worth Airborn Pie I agree with you.

If someone called a black man 'Sooty' because he had a slightly darker than average skin colour came to the UK from Africa and believed in witch craft they would be branded racist. However Gammon is at least culturally acceptable it seems despite it just like my example above referring to a certain underclass of person with certain beliefs. Like you I am not offended by it but I dont think Sooty is offensive either. It's just a comedy name for a class of person in the same way Gammon is. Plenty would say I am a philistine though!
    You certainly are, Queenie, (a philistine) and well done you for spotting it but it's got naff all to do with this peroration.

Ha ha ha call my best mate who's black sooty and see what he does. If you don't think that's racist then you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Ha ha ha call my best mate who's black sooty and see what he does. If you don't think that's racist then you're an idiot.
    It was common in the 60's and 70's to have black people nicknamed 'chalky', it was not intended as an insult, in fact, in my day, the assignation of a nickname, was usually a term of endearment.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Can you call someone who is a redhead Ginger , or is that homophobic ?

Should Greg Dyke change his name to Greg Ditch to avoid offence to Ellen Degeneres ?

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    The chav on the taxi apparently had a Forest tattoo on his leg. The shock and the horror.
    I put the lack of similar scenes after our elimination down to authorities new Scarrott and stick approach.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast